3D-Sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Awakening

Dec 25, 2005
Hi all,

I'm trying to get 3D sound working with Unreal II but there is no option in the sound setup screen. I'm using a NF4 chipset with ALC850 sound controller. Is there any way to get this working?

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
I personally have never fiddled around with the sound options and I do not know the difference between 3D and 2D sound.

unreal quest

Dec 26, 2005
Whit 2D you have sound from 2 speakers in front and have a sterol effect.
Whit 3D sound you have a 5-8 speakers and of cause a surround card, so then you will get a surround sound picture.
So then you can hear when some one is sneaking up behind you :rl:

unreal quest said:
Whit 2D you have sound from 2 speakers in front and have a sterol effect.
Whit 3D sound you have a 5-8 speakers and of cause a surround card, so then you will get a surround sound picture.
So then you can hear when some one is sneaking up behind you :rl:
+

Never mind these noobs Unreal Quest. I'm sure you have installed your latest sound drivers? And you have the Unreal 2 update patch? That's about all you can do. Unreal 2 was sorta cut off during development so they just wrapped it up and sent it out. If all else fails, you can go into the .ini file and make sure that the Use3dAudio seting is set to True. Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
:X i liked the excuse that it was hax that told me when people were behind me, it got me more ban threats

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Remember this thread is about Unreal II, not U2XMP. The Unreal engine in Unreal II had sh1tty sound (very buggy) compared to the build of the Unreal engine that XMP 7710 was based on. There was a patch (official, I think) for Unreal II that fixed some of the sound bugs, though.

unreal quest

Dec 26, 2005
Bleeder said:
Remember this thread is about Unreal II, not U2XMP. The Unreal engine in Unreal II had sh1tty sound (very buggy) compared to the build of the Unreal engine that XMP 7710 was based on. There was a patch (official, I think) for Unreal II that fixed some of the sound bugs, though.

patch 1403 did fix EAX on non-Audigy / Audigy 2 cards and warns bugs

Rude Awakening

Dec 25, 2005
Oops!

I got into so much trouble with Unreal II, I forgot about the thread :eek:

My Appologies...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.