[2k3 fos] A new moderator?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
ooh drats, I was so thinking that I would be a mod, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed! :B

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
I'm surprised nobody mention Hanover_Fist, he appears to be another one of the more dedicated and mature posters on the UT2003 boards.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The Dopefish said:
Maintaining a presence (posting) is an effective way of warding off idiots.

Agreed. I have always felt that the UT2k3 forum has been ignored. We need somebody that posts a lot and actually plays the game. Hal is the only one remotely close to that and we don't really see him all that often. I'm sure that right now the mods can take care of things, but I think being a moderator involves a lot more than just locking problem threads. Part of it is just being there, and posting.

Unfortunatly we don't really have anybody that can fill the spot due partially to lack of activity. For instance han who rarely posts anymore and plays ET with most of his time. Come to think of it I am the only real person on UT2k3 that is really active, posts every day, shows up to every fragbu, really has a lot of time etc, and I highly doubt your going to make me a moderator.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
TWD said:
Agreed. I have always felt that the UT2k3 forum has been ignored. We need somebody that posts a lot and actually plays the game. Hal is the only one remotely close to that and we don't really see him all that often. I'm sure that right now the mods can take care of things, but I think being a moderator involves a lot more than just locking problem threads. Part of it is just being there, and posting.

So, to be qualified as a moderator in a forum you have to make a lot of posts?
Even if you have nothing serious to say?

First i want to point out that we, the mods, are not here for babysitting you.
That's your mothers duty.

Just becuase we don't post 4 or 5 times in a forum doesn't mean we don't read it. Most of us also have a real life. Work, school, friends and family.
But i think I talk for us all when I say that we check the forum more than once a day.

And as for the UT2003/2004 forum, the most people who post there know how to behave. It is very rarely an action from a moderator is necessary.

And you what? In every post you have an option to "Report bad post". Every one can use it.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Gee, TWD... I have 275 posts in the UT2003 Forum. You have 313.

Your 38 more posts than mine make me inactive? :con:

Besides, I read nearly every single post in that forum. I just might not be reading them at the same time as you are...

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
hal said:
Gee, TWD... I have 275 posts in the UT2003 Forum. You have 313.

Your 38 more posts than mine make me inactive? :con:

Besides, I read nearly every single post in that forum. I just might not be reading them at the same time as you are...

Maybe we should only count the quality post :)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Where do you get those numbers from? Forum crashed and screwed the numbers all up anyways.

Either way I'm not saying anything against hal. In fact hal is my favorite moderator. When 2k3 came along so many people went to off topic and ignored everything happening with ut2k3. When hal first showed up at a fragbu I was overjoyed because it showed that he actually cared and liked the game. He's the only one that does that, and for all I know none of the other mods even have the game installed.

I don't just want another policeman. I want someone that likes the game and plays it frequently, shows up to fragbu nearly every time, is in the #fragbu channel, and knows about everybody. Maybe I'm asking too much.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
TWD said:
I don't just want another policeman. I want someone that likes the game and plays it frequently, shows up to fragbu nearly every time, is in the #fragbu channel, and knows about everybody. Maybe I'm asking too much.

I have the game installed. I play the game competitive in a clan.
I don't show up on fragbu becuase of the time it is playing. I can live with ping for a game or two but playing at 02.00 am is not my deal.

And I don't think that playing UT2k3 frequently automatically qualify you as a mod.