2 New UT-XMP Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

°NAZ°

That Guy
Aug 25, 2004
Dallas.Texas.USA
www.bloodrave.com
Thought I would drop by and make mention that Bloodrave and the OSS have 2 new maps out

Nab them here.
Ravens Dead Hole
Cold as Hell

I know that not that many people are playing right now, but we like to play on occasion, and are always looking for new maps. One of our team's mappers has decided to make some maps for XMP.
So... To all that still play, maybe you like them, maybe you dont...Hope you do.

Peace.

BTW - If you download them, you get the .ogg files
If you hit the redirect, you dont.

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
Very cool maps :) good so see some more maps for utxmp. i also like the music though i think more than one song would be cool could cause even a great song gets annoying after 10 times ;) + what is the trick to get ur radar map lined up correctly? would like to see some more maps -OMNI-

°NAZ°

That Guy
Aug 25, 2004
Dallas.Texas.USA
www.bloodrave.com
cool brotha, glad you like them.

I am not sure about the radar, as I did not make them, but if you visit our site www.bloodrave.com I am sure that the mapper would be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Also, did you notice the bot pathing?
They actually do what they are supposed to :)

I think he said that he has many more to come.
He was a big mapper in UT2k3 and 2k4 before he stopped playing them.
He created all the [DaTs] Maps

really cool fella

Reeps

Severe thumbs up (y)
Sep 2, 2003
WI
Visit site
theomniproject said:
what is the trick to get ur radar map lined up correctly?
I am planning on writing a tutorial for that, since it can be a bit tricky, or tedious. For starters, make sure the map, or at least, terrain info is set at the origin (0,0)

There are some tricks you can do to get it all lined up and nice looking, which should be in the tut.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Jaspeer said:
I am planning on writing a tutorial for that, since it can be a bit tricky, or tedious. For starters, make sure the map, or at least, terrain info is set at the origin (0,0)

There are some tricks you can do to get it all lined up and nice looking, which should be in the tut.

Thanks Reeps! :tup:

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
That would be great! These two maps are my starters in the XMP world so please bear with me....lol

I am glad to get feedback though. I guess that is a downside to never playing the game. Maybe I should do that...lol

Thanks for your comments and more if you like would be welcome. I will look forward to your document for the deploy points. :)

Maiden

MetalHead
Mar 15, 2005
Im new , I DLed maps , I LOVE the music tracks , especially the Disturbed song.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Thanks! Thats one of the things that I've always done is placed music in the maps. Not a lot off people know this but if someone wanted music but didn't like that song then they could convert one of their mp3's into an ogg file (with a program called Goldwave) and name it the same as the ogg file that came with the map.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
I guess I totally missed the question about the radar. Here is what I did:

Open your map.
Select Top View
Screen Print
Copy into Paint or favorite program
Cut out the main pic (print screen shows editor as well)
resize to 512.
Then place that pic into your radar.

Oh, don't forget --- when you import your pic into UT you can right click on it and compress the file with DXT1. Since you are probably importing it with .bmp then 512x512 can be expensive on space.

If your map is not square then that is why it's not lining up. My maps for XMP are 32000x64000x64000 - even numbers easy to resize to 512x512