2 DM gametypes 2 seperate map lists

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
I am trying to run 2 different DM gamestyles on my server one is with just instagib and the other has all the weapons plus instagib.....

Because of all the lame mappers in 2k4 that don't put any weapons or pickups in there maps I have to have players spawn with the esr so they don't run out of ammo on the maps with no weapons..

What I would like to do is have a seperate map list for the dm style with all weapons that only uses the maps with all weapons and pickups so I can ditch the esr on spawn and force players to either go get the esr or use something else!!

So my question is....if I have 2 DM gametypes on my server can I have each gametype pull from a different maplist and if so....how do i get it set up??

thanks for such an awesome mapvote and keep up the good work!! :)

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
if you made a new dm-gametype with gamemake3 and started ut once, look in your ut2004.ini and you'll find that new maplist.

but imho playing supershock together with nw is sensless... :rolleyes:

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
in ut2vote.ini under [UT2Vote49.UT2VoteGameTypes] in the gametype string set UseMapList=true then go to webadmin select the gametype hit refresh and make your maplist hit save and thats it . remember you must make an additional dm gameclass with gamemake3 or it wont work you cant have 2 xgame.xdeathmatch gamestrings

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
but imho playing supershock together with nw is sensless...

thats why I'm trying to remove the shock from the players when they spawn

In ut99 when we played low grav giant maps we had to go get the shock rifle if we wanted to use it and all the other weapons and pickups are in the game also but it seems with 2k4 the trend is to just play instagib which is getting a bit monotonous(it's basically turned into a sprint to 30 kills)and no one ever explores or even looks at all the awesome maps that are out there for play!!

But here is the problem with running it the old way we did in UT 99....the mappers didn't put weapons or pickups in half of the maps so in an effort to keep those maps on the server for the ig gametype I had to also put the ig rifle in with the normal weapons so they we have a weapon thAT NEVER RUNS OUT OF AMMO FOR THOSE MAPS WITH NOTHING IN THEM!!

So I want to make it so that when we switch to what I call the oldschool gametype(made with gamemake 3)only the maps with all weapons and pickups will be available for vote and I won't have to run the ig gun in that gametype anymore

hope that makes sense

I will do what you said Shovel and thanks for the input guys....I'll let you know how it works out!!

Last edited:

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
Shovel...you DA Man....thank you that worked great and now my server is exactly how I wanted it in thge first place

Stop on by and try it out if ya like 69.13.248.165(DSS Chicago server)

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
[NBK]Rattman said:
Shovel...you DA Man....thank you that worked great and now my server is exactly how I wanted it in thge first place

Stop on by and try it out if ya like 69.13.248.165(DSS Chicago server)

your welcome glad you got it the way you wanted it thats what ut2votes all about :)