***?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
The_Head said:
He's always been in Richmond afaik..

I agree with T2A though, its still obvious what people are saying even if it is blanked out.

Not unless you were an übersheltered kid, who still lives in your parents basement, who is a religious fanatic! :B

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Changing the words would be better than replacing them with ****, IMO. Another board I used to post on did this... Changed sh*t to nuts and p*ssy to female thingy or something. :p

I know right, we should totally filter naughty words for a forum based on an M rated game.
hurrr.gif

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
"swear" words are used so frequently these days that it is almost impossible (save becoming a hermit) to escape them, so why even bother to block them out?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
There is no point. Don't you remember 6th grade? Everyone flung the f-word around at any given chance just because they could, and it's still the same today. There is hardly anything offensive about these words because no one gives a sh*t anymore.

Beeb has a point though. This a forum based on a game that has an M rating, a game in which the characters say "holy sh*t!" If you can't handle a little text then there's something wrong with you. And let's not forget the wonderful things kids can learn by going to OT, leaving curse words aside for a moment.

I also like how mods always ignore threads like these. :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Just because I haven't made a comment doesn't mean I'm ignoring it. We have a discussion going on about it, but I don't think the correct party has responded.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Or could it be that I was trying to catch someone's attention to get a post out of you mod guys? Worked, didn't it?

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Looked through the thread again and saw that Kyllian said it's overused. I searched through this message boads for a couple of words.

Facts:
- f-tw: 169 pages of threads
- wtf: 4000 pages (max)
- goddamn*: 1481 pages
- bbq: 204 pages

I consider f-tw NOT overused. BRING IT BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.