1 question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

=D.C.L.I=Snipez

Mar 7, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Since, I will be playing INF online soon, I need one thing...

What kind of binds do players use?

I have set binds in many mods and use them regularly. If someone can list them and give a brief explanation it would be most helpful. I'm guessing many of you use "Roger" and "Affirmative".

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
The usual stuff... "affirmative" "Contact!" "STFU" "Tango Down" "Man Down!" "Need some backup" "Go" "Hold" "Fall back" "Bleh!"

Some server are running a few mutators, including RD (short for Report Direction). This mutator enables to report a heading. For exemple "Contact! bearing N 003" or something like that.

Check the mutator section of combatmaps to downlaod RD. I recommand you read the readme. ;)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
My favorite bind is the SUP!! key. Its much easier to use it then typing out hi or hey and it saved my life countless times not having to type it since lots of new people join while I play. ;)

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I also have "I am in position" (shorter would be In Position), "I am leaving my position" (Leaving my position), "Negative!", "Take Cover! Frag out!", "Cease Fire!" ...
but I do not use hi .... STFU ... etc. I am fast in typing, I only die if I write long stuff (talking online :D ).

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I recommend you set up RD binds since almost all the servers use RD. Go into your Unrealtournament/System/InfiltrationUser.ini file and edit it in notepad. Go down to where you see all the different keys on the keyboard with a "=" after them and then the bind. After the = sign, type this:

mutate direction <the text u want the bind to say> %A %N

If you want the bind to also play a sound file like "Area is Clear" then you need to put a %S1 variable in the bind also. the "1" is a hexadigit (0-F). If you are using Voice pack #1, then here are the different variable and the sound file they play:

%S<hex-digit> tag

Voice Pack 1

%S0 Fall back!
%S1 Area's Clear
%S2 Go Go Go!
%S3 Hold Your Fire!
%S4 Move
%S5 Cover Me
%S6 Go
%S7 Contact!
%S8 Frag Out!
%S9 Clear.
%SA Hold This Position
%SB You Guys Comin or What?
%SC Got Em!
%SD Man Down!
%SE Got Em!
%SF Weapon's Dry

%SY Acknowledged
-----------------------------
Putting it all together, here is an example bind:
1=mutate direction Enemy Spotted %A %N° %S7

When the 1 key is pressed, your soldier will yell "Contact!" and the bind text will read:
Enemy Spotted WNW 30°

Last edited: