FragBU vs. Epic Games - Saturday Night

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We've got a very special event lined up for Saturday night's UT3 FragBU... a bunch of the guys (and maybe gals?) from Epic Games will be coming by with virtual guns in tow. Here's the scoop:

• Server: BeyondUnreal FragBU Mothership (IP: 68.232.171.45)
  • Password: telescope
  • Time: 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-04:00) Saturday, April 18
  • Game: Vanilla UT3 (2.0) with Titan content
  • Gametypes: Greed/vCTF/WAR on the new maps

For the first couple of hours we'll stick to that and then open it up deathmatch and other gametypes. For the event we have a new 20 player slot server, of which Epic will be taking approximately ten spots. The remaining ten will be filled first-come, first-served.

Jump into our #beyondunreal (enterthegame) IRC channel prior to start time if you'd like, and once the festivities begin, our live reporter bot will be carrying all the carnage on #fragbu.reporter!

Very important: The server IP will change since we are upgrading to 20 players. However, if you currently have FragBU in your UT3 favorites list, you should still be able to connect without a hitch.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
And Epic will probably be owned, because everybody knows (or should know) that game developers are generally quite bad at playing games.
:D
I guess it depends :lol:
Epic Games or other Game Devs playing UT3? lol

'Cause I have Quake III pros in my studio and they do own a lot.

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
And Epic will probably be owned, because everybody knows (or should know) that game developers are generally quite bad at playing games.

But their community support isn't. ;)

And you're forgetting Mysterial.

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
I've played with a couple of the guys (and girl) from Epic. Some of them aren't exactly light weights.
I'm definitively going to try to make it.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Will they be on TS? :D
I asked the same question on IRC.
[14:17] hyru-9000: New news from beyondunreal: FragBU vs. Epic Games - Saturday Night <(Link: http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12690)>
[14:18] Agent_5: omgomgomg
[14:18] [Ci]Al: lol nice
[14:18] Agent_5: is dr. sin going to be there?
[14:18] [bu]hal: he is and he's targeting you, specifically
[14:18] [bu]hal: you and Skold
[14:18] Haarg_: yes. it's going to be FragBU vs Dr. Sin
[14:18] Agent_5: awesome
[14:18] Haarg_: 10v1
[14:19] Agent_5: they are going to join TS too aren't they?
[14:19] [bu]hal: god I hope not

I kinda wish that this wasn't limited to just one night - it's probably going to be crowded tomorrow - but they'll probably will be fed up with our shenanigans well before the night is over.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I asked the same question on IRC.

I kinda wish that this wasn't limited to just one night - it's probably going to be crowded tomorrow - but they'll probably will be fed up with our shenanigans well before the night is over.

Haha let me explain that. No... scratch that... anyone that's ever been on will understand completely. :lol:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
You're not the only one I have scouting reports on. ;)