TO: Crossfire 1.9 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Oh god no! Not Motorhead....

As far as the mod goes, what's up with the character movement? They seem even faster than UT2k4 to me. o_O And there's also bunny hopping.....

dub

Feb 12, 2002
It's not a realism mod per se. It uses weapons which are realistic but doesn't go for the slow paced gameplay.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Another team that has virtually nothing to do with the original TO team took it upon themselves to make TO for UT3.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
It's not a realism mod per se. It uses weapons which are realistic but doesn't go for the slow paced gameplay.

that still doesn't explain why the animations are so fugly ...
and notice the floating weapon around the 5 minute mark in the video.

// ---
Note : a trailers should be short, focussed and make people want to play the game.
A 5 minute long thing that barely shows the new elements and how ugly the maps and animations are isn't exactly a good advertisement.
And it most definitely is not 'short'.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
that still doesn't explain why the animations are so fugly ...
and notice the floating weapon around the 5 minute mark in the video.

UT 2004 engine does. Never seen UT 2004 weapons just float in mid air instead of falling? Happens all the time... just how the UT 2004 engine is.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
right

Wrong.

Physics == PHYS_None

vs.

Physics == PHYS_Falling

very simple.
Ahh I love the smell of a patronising attempt in the morning. :tup:

Thanks for your great technical insight into UT, but there's unfortunately a little difference between theory and practice.

You see in practice a quarter of the time, instead of falling the weapons stay stuck mid air.
Hmm... maybe not that simple then. :)
(I thought of the first frag vid I could, and sure enough @ 2:05 floating LG)
Unless you think that a team who put together a whole TC just forgot to add PHYS_Falling to the weapons.

Oh and may I introduce you to the
edit.gif
button? Also fairly simple to use.

Alex_KF

May 30, 2005
Dundee, Scotland
Unless you think that a team who put together a whole TC just forgot to add PHYS_Falling to the weapons.

I have made a TC of my own...and never have I encountered "floating weapons"

So yes, i am saying that they screwed up. :rolleyes:

BTW, the physics states code is all pretty much rock solid...its karma that's flakey. If you set a physics state to an object, ensure bMovable true, bStasis false, etc etc and ensure that it has a collision cylinder, it will respond appropriately.

AFAIK, the WeaponPickups in unreal are Physics=PHYS_Rotating

They may change to falling when thrown (or dropped from a dead body) but if they got stuck on a volume or some object's collision, they might appear to "float"... that's just how the collision would work

Not really an attempt to "patronize, so put away your e-peen (yes i also know about edit buttons, kthz)

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
(Great, then use it. :))

If I can find floating weapons in the first video I decide to look up then it's obviously not an isolated incident.
If you've never encountered that problem... dunno you just haven't played that much or something - but just because you've never experienced, or noticed (more likely) it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Be interesting to get someone like Spin in here to see if they really forgot to implement falling weapons. :)

I'd love to put away my e-peen but there's no where large enough to stow it away :(

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
(Great, then use it. :))

If I can find floating weapons in the first video I decide to look up then it's obviously not an isolated incident.
If you've never encountered that problem... dunno you just haven't played that much or something - but just because you've never experienced, or noticed (more likely) it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Be interesting to get someone like Spin in here to see if they really forgot to implement falling weapons. :)

I'd love to put away my e-peen but there's no where large enough to stow it away :(

Honestly I don't think you know who you are talking to. Alex has way more knowledge than you buddy. He did make one of the best UT2004 TC mods there is afterall.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I'm not your buddy, Pal.

Thanks for the heads up... anyone got a spare red carpet and a pair of knee pads? (can't borrow them off Smood as their blatantly in use)

Couldn't care less if I was talking to the Prince Zamunda...

But seeing as he apparently made either Meta Ball, UnWheel or Damnation, I'll let him off the hook.