Best to not attach a MonsterEnd to Cyberus

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
This is a Cyberus:
4003430_original.png

It's virtually impossible to kill.

Details & Download · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/112145.html

Have fun!

4001863_original.png

4002126_original.png

4002516_original.png

4002676_original.png

4002972_original.png

4003142_original.png

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It's custom coded. It can only be killed by the trigger-sequence. I don't have the file myself now so I cannot tell you right now, but of course it's possible to have the monster in a god mode (to begin with, the magic "All" damage resistence does the trick, in fact the god mode in unreal was once done by spawning an item called the "god armor"). A crushing mover should kill it however, or I hope. Cuz that kills the god-mode players too.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
So how does it work? A trillioni health points? Does the shield absorb the damage infinitely? Is there a godmode of some sort...
I've got a thread for this on ut99.org too and someone opened up its code and found there's something in there called bInvulnerable.

Because it was built for a SP campaign where you've gotta destroy 4 crystals to kill it, without those crystals it's invulnerability doesn't go away... though I did find 2 weapons out of an insanely powerful weaponspack that can kill it.
3982561_original.png

Cyberus only has 145 health. Wasn't for its shield you could probably take it down really easily.

Dunno about the mover thing, though I've a map or two I can test that on. I can say it's impossible to telefrag the thing, though:
3983264_original.png

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It seems to be actually bvulnerable. Because he's invul by default...

But it seems to be mistake in the name so yea it should have been called invulnerable.

EDIT: I read the actual code now.

There is a custom trigger which does this:
if (a.isa('cyberus'))
//cyberus(a).shield.destroy();
cyberus(a).bvulnerable=true;

Baiscally it turns him vulnerable so it's not a mistake in name.
EDIT2: So this is the reason why gopostal wanted a version of olweapons with skaarjprojectile?
It should be in the original Legacy distribution then.

Last edited:

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
This is the final stage of Legacy with the crystals:

EDIT2: So this is the reason why gopostal wanted a version of olweapons with skaarjprojectile?
It should be in the original Legacy distribution then.
That was on me, I asked GoPostal to see if he could edit.

I don't like Oldskool Amp'd, I prefer the original version... because I skin SKtroopers but the newer version of that removes the model I love. Legacy uses the newer version, hence my request to see if it could be removed.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
The projectiles aren't a huge deal. If I place this directly on a map I can alter its projectiles manually to whatever I want... and given it's damned near impossible to kill I could have it fire devastatingly powerful weapons without having to worry about it hurting itself.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I loved that mod. Combining Unreal with UT. Great stuff. Always preferred playing UT coop. Oldskool made this possible and spawned some real interesting UT single player campaigns.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I loved that mod. Combining Unreal with UT. Great stuff. Always preferred playing UT coop. Oldskool made this possible and spawned some real interesting UT single player campaigns.
I was thinking about that mod last night. I'm very tempted to reef out all my UT discs, maps, mods and mutators and install UT and see if I can find some DM and CTF servers.

It's either that or Quake 3..........