Holy crap I've been here over 15 years....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Yeah, and can you believe Unreal98 is coming up on its 18th anniversary in spring of 2016? Two years from a 20 year old game. Does it feel that old? It doesn't feel like it's been that much time.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Grat's on the duration.

I still remember seeing the flames on the opening flyby and thinking about how real they looked! I was always about playing the original Unreal online as opposed to Quake. Bouncing the flying saw blades all over the place was fun, the ricocheted nicely off the walls.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Morety, JohnDoe and Neonite! Hey guys! Yeah I mean it's not necessarily an accomplishment, just a realization of how old one of my favorite games is, and it is pretty cool to still be chatting with a few of the old people I knew from back in the day. How I've grown compared to when I was a kid though, hehe.

One thing for sure, I'm still a computer nerd.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Someday we should do a coop game of Unreal 1. Maybe. I mean I have decent internet and a kickass setup for computing, it should be able to handle Unreal1. *CRASH*

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
I remember playing the UT demo but i think that was late 1999 picked up the game in 2000 due to friends....
in september this other really important game of my childhood total annihilation turned 18.

time flies on this meaningless floating ball of rock.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Speak for yourself NeoNite, I'm a rainbow of joy and happiness!

That's the spirit!

Ah yeah, Unreal game crashes. Must've experienced a total of hundreds.. of billions of those. Most of these occured during UT coop sessions. Mainly with the akcoop mutator. Asgard and kari iirc.