Doom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
On this day, 20 years ago, id software......didn't release anything.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Over the last week or so I've been playing through Ultimate Doom with Brutal Doom and Doom Metal Vol. 4 installed (along with some other little mods.) It's fucking awesome :tup:

Play Samsara, superior mod. :eek:

Also, Brutal Doom's author is a bit of a spineless dick.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
doom1.jpg

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Yeah, if you like indulging in the fantasy of a racist sociopath that tells people to suicide, i'm sure that makes Brutal Doom even more "fun" for some people.
are you daft?
you don't have to be friends with the guy to enjoy something he made.

Brutal Doom is pretty sweet.
if you've never played Doom with any of the 3rd party 'HD' overhauls (like jDOOM, Brutal, etc) then you're really just missing out on an awesome experience that only enhances the original title.

going by your logic, we should investigate the past of every single person who ever worked on ANY game that you EVER enjoyed to find out if they EVER said something stupid or racist. and then we should judge you for it and question your enjoyment of it. because obviously you adopt and support the social views of anyone who ever worked on a product that you buy :rolleyes:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
going by your logic, we should investigate the past of every single person who ever worked on ANY game that you EVER enjoyed to find out if they EVER said something stupid or racist.
When the project itself is best known for the showcase of "GO FUCK YOURSELF" level of brutality in which he even bragged about having real gore photos used as sprites then you have to wonder where the intentions all are....
Jacks:Revenge's keyword said:
logic smackdown
cocky much?

then you're really just missing out on an awesome experience that only enhances the original title.

The hires packs are just a novelty. No need to preach packs with the same ugly 11+ year old MD2s that don't even have their normals taken advantage of. Hexen especially. Enhancing? More like defacing.

also doomsday (seen in the screenshot I posted) can't even do Hor+ aspect correction, lol...

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
When the project itself is best known for the showcase of "GO FUCK YOURSELF" level of brutality in which he even bragged about having real gore photos used as sprites then you have to wonder where the intentions all are....
what are you talking about?
I wouldn't know any of this nonsense if you hadn't gone out of your way to dig it up and fuss about it. his project isn't "best known" for anything other than being a fun Doom mod. I've never heard any of this crap until you dragged out some obscure forum posts archived from 2007 or whatever.

you're totally missing the point.
what's the point? the point is this:
So what? His mod is awesome and makes Doom a lot more fun.
no one cares about the guys personal life.
the mod is cool.

cocky much?
well it's pretty easy when you're dealing with someone whose argument is shite.