Yet Another Situation.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
This situation has all the potential in the world to go nuclear and I suspect it will.
I'd personally have a difficult time keeping my emotions in check and honestly, don't think I could be responsible for my actions.
For respect for the Aunt, I'd try and speak to her alone, tell her what you know and if she asks you to make peace with this guy before she goes to meet her maker, I'd probably say OK to keep her happy but it's not what I'd do.
Once it's all over, I'd have nothing more to do with family.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
You're really scary. :(

Anyway, the correct answer is that he should ask his sister what she's comfortable with him doing.

No, that isn't the answer.

Doing this just avoids taking responsibility yet again, this time using the sister as justification so as to alleviate guilt when the aunt dies without the comfort of family. Sooner or later the sister would end up carrying the additional burden that she was responsible for an innocent woman dying without having seen those she loved.

0 for 2 so far. You seem too young to advise anyone regarding this sort of thing. Not trying to be inflammatory at all in saying that, but your inexperience/immaturity and lack or sensitivity indicates such.

EDIT: Your username seems to indicate this as well. I haven't heard or used the word "booger" since I was 8.

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
This situation has all the potential in the world to go nuclear and I suspect it will.
I'd personally have a difficult time keeping my emotions in check and honestly, don't think I could be responsible for my actions.
For respect for the Aunt, I'd try and speak to her alone, tell her what you know and if she asks you to make peace with this guy before she goes to meet her maker, I'd probably say OK to keep her happy but it's not what I'd do.
Once it's all over, I'd have nothing more to do with family.

This is what I would do, but it isn't my family, so I will see what he thinks.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
No, that isn't the answer.

Doing this just avoids taking responsibility yet again, this time using the sister as justification so as to alleviate guilt when the aunt dies without the comfort of family. Sooner or later the sister would end up carrying the additional burden that she was responsible for an innocent woman dying without having seen those she loved.

0 for 2 so far. You seem too young to advise anyone regarding this sort of thing. Not trying to be inflammatory at all in saying that, but your inexperience/immaturity and lack or sensitivity indicates such.

EDIT: Your username seems to indicate this as well. I haven't heard or used the word "booger" since I was 8.

First, your imagination does not poop out facts just because you like the idea of your random thoughts. You do not know the aunt is innocent for sure, you just assume so because you like to feel sorry for people with cancer. She could have known her husband was doing those things the entire time for all you know.

Second, you have no idea whatsoever if the sister will later feel guilty for keeping her brother from the aunt. She could end up hating the brother for betraying her for all you know. I would ask her just to be safe.

Bottom line, it's pretty retarded to share such personal information of someone else on the internet. I seriously doubt the sister is ok with this.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand

That's a risk, but it seems like the sister's view should be considered. The friend might be able to figure that out without having to burden the sister with a decision.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
That's a risk, but it seems like the sister's view should be considered. The friend might be able to figure that out without having to burden the sister with a decision.

The truth always comes out; it is just a matter of when.

The final wishes of a dying person - a family member no less - are somewhat meaningful; if there were ever a better time to practice forgiveness, I don't know it. This of course assumes that she even has some guilt, either tacit knowledge or otherwise. If not, then my initial post stands.

All of this is moot however as it is surely dastardly to attempt to discover if she had any part in the molestations while she is still alive and indeed, she is dying which is payment enough for any of us, regardless of our crimes.