<EXU2> "G59"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
EXU2 & Batshit Insane
Beyond Unreal thread here http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=199699
UnrealSP Forum Section http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=37

G59 (or Jigoku or Hell) is the first custom EXU2-related package made by myself. Like Batshit Insane, G59 is about original Unreal maps all extremely modified, with over the top gameplay all the way through. While BI is currently focused on Unreal maps, G59 focuses on RTNP and Unreal Beta ones, that may be new for some people. Both Batshit Insane and G59 will get completely new maps in the future.

The whole thing is not finished yet, and it's going on with episodic releases. There are all sorts of weirdass names, new enemies, new items, custom music, shittons of secrets, a story, unique themes and sky-high difficult challenges. A niche project, anyway, started out from pure boredom.

If you enjoy something beyond Doom / Serious Sam gameplay style, or if you want more EXU2 to play after Batshit Insane, then this is for you

G59 Thread here: http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2758

Requires EXU2 OPEN BETA v5.03. and perhaps a playthrough on Batshit Insane
This project story-wise has barely nothing to do with Batshit Insane and goes on by its own atmosphere/gameplay rules.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Would like to check it out but the download times out even though it isn't heavily javascript relied, will have to ask someone to get me perhaps dropbox link of this because I would like to check out the update and of course the normal EXU update. I did play the first two versions you released afaik but not beyond that since I moved out.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I just played through the new EXU and now playing this, but..why did you change the boundary gate from crypt themed? :( I mean I do appreciate the new mappage, but the fact that it was all made crypt before..made me really enjoy it. I wish I kept the old version before overwriting because I had no idea this would be so big of a change...
I hope you kept the old map as well, the crypt one.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Haha you should have spotted that throughout the screenshots :)

I still have the old version, and the newest one is actually named differently (so you most probably still have it). I decided to rehash Toxic a 2nd time because for the theme. Bio/Green/Lasers were way too technologically advanced for some crypt place, lol. Also with the rooms / remade areas, I had no idea how to make them if I used the crypt texture package, it simply didn't work for what I had in mind, and I'm complete crap when it comes to Crypt architecture (the current boss arena of the map is my first real big room I ever made in UED and I struggled to come up with something decent even with SGTech).

Oh well, at least you'll enjoy the Insect-themed Cryox!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I can't use graphical browser so I cannot see the screenshots unless i would download them first. So that's why.
Ah yes I see these maps EXU2-G59-03-HyperBoundaryGate the version I have is from 27 05 2012, did you update that map since?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Nope, the old version is like that as it is. I don't think I have an actual version of it which works under OPEN BETA currently, but that can be easily converted.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yeah I can't seem to be able to actually open it because it complains about some missing actors in EXU file. :( like energizedball8 or something like that and the savegame i had from it complains about the cola stuff.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Exactly, because OPEN BETA got rid of all the actors having names ending with a number (energized balls and slime plants) as it caused issues, and replaced them with actors that have the same name but end with roman numbers (energizerball8->energizerballVIII).

The way to convert is extracting the map as a t3d on an editor with Demo4 installed and editing all the actor names to be like the OPEN BETA ones in the T3D file itself. Then re-import the thing on an UT installation with OPEN BETA. I'll do it if I have time today.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Hmm...well yea I suggested similar thing ages ago by renaming these actors to someone else's mod.
If I remember well it can cause issues with the actors in the maps which are numbered, so if someone spawned the actor with the number in the end of the actor while there was an actor with that object name already in the map, it caused crash IIRC.

Btw I do enjoy the new boundary gate map, but I really liked the crypt retexture before. And yes I understand your point about the architecture, and the slime could still be explained or made into lava still. But the architecture isn't that difficult as long as you follow some basic looks/structures. WIth the old crypt it was more egyptian and the later crypt is more mezopotamian/sumerian stuff. But detailed acrhitecture takes time of course, I am not claiming I master architecture as well, that is why I can appreciate mappers like Kew and so.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I played through the new boundary gate fully, so far it is the best level I played in the EXU stuff. It would even be good level without the exu stuff added in. I do like your mappage there, maybe you could eventually finish the power facility maps for upsx since the later part(s) are missing? I think you would do just good there. Right now I don't have anyone who would volunteer for that so...and this made me convinced you can do the tech stuff quite well.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I can be ready for something more, though starting from the second week of March only. Map 9-10-11-12 for G59 won't be ready for a looooooooooong while, anyway.

The Toxic conversion has the biggest changes archi-wise; Cryox got a new section at the beginning of the level but it's very short. Map 7 has really no changes, but it has something you won't probably expect in the first place.

Note that in Cryox, in the first of the three rooms that have the pool in the middle, there may be a rare chance of the game crashing due to some AI fuckery. I already fixed it for the next patch.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
If I remember correctly there were path related crashes even in other conversions, when run in co-op with monster spawners it often crashed.