fuck you star wars, fucky you lucas, fuck you disney, fuck you abrams

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
Episodes 1-3 were clearly aimed to pull in a new generation of fans. What they clearly did not do is look to satisfy the previous generation of fans (with the exception of maybe Ep 3). There are many directions to take an Ep 7 movie with all of the fan fiction our there. There are worst directors that could be running the helm of this. I'd settle for an acknowledgement of what came before that were the best parts of the recent Star Trek reboot.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
- Disney already had a large stake in George Lucas, they just bought out the rest of his holdings.
- Lucas was originally going to do nine films.
- Disney's unlimited financial backing should allow the freedom to make it kickass. They have a huge stake in its success.
- Lucas is still going to be a consultant on the films, this can be good (4-6) or bad (1-3) only time will tell.

Now let's hope Abrams will do it justice.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
There is literally nobody in the world who would do a worse job of making more star wars films than george lucas.
I would rather it was written directed and produced by shia lebouf, zack sneider and michael bay than to let george lucas have an other go.
By those standards Abrams sounds like a pretty solid choice, his tv shows suck ass, but star trek was solid.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The next SW film should be made by Sam Raimi and star Bruce Campbell... yes; that would work.

Bruce-Campbell-en-The-Evil-Dead-e1345550790772.jpg

Bruce-Campbell-as-Ash-bruce-campbell-6537048-800-600.jpg

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
There is literally nobody in the world who would do a worse job of making more star wars films than george lucas.

What if ... Lucas started by making awesome films because of technical limitations of the time ? Or he's going round the bend ? Or his evil twin took his place ?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I don't get the Abrams hate. Yes, the shows he produced got worse and worse, but he also had less and less involvement in them. Would I get excited about an abrams TV show? No. But I thought that MI3 was pretty darned good, Star Trek was the best the series had seen in decades (seriously, the only good one since Khan was First Contact) and Super 8 was fun as hell. Is anything he does particularly brilliant? Not really, but to be honest, a fun, jaunty action movie would be a HUGE step up for the Star Wars franchise right now. If it sucks, my copies of Star Wars will still be safe and sound on my shelves, and if it's great, then awesome.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I don't get the Abrams hate. Yes, the shows he produced got worse and worse, but he also had less and less involvement in them. Would I get excited about an abrams TV show? No. But I thought that MI3 was pretty darned good, Star Trek was the best the series had seen in decades (seriously, the only good one since Khan was First Contact) and Super 8 was fun as hell. Is anything he does particularly brilliant? Not really, but to be honest, a fun, jaunty action movie would be a HUGE step up for the Star Wars franchise right now. If it sucks, my copies of Star Wars will still be safe and sound on my shelves, and if it's great, then awesome.

If he realises that shaky cam and lens flair have no place in this, then we will be off on the right foot. No flying R2-D2, no rim shot jokes. (AKA Jar-Jar shit) Make this one a bit more serious since kids will eat up anything you put on screen anyway.

The next SW film should be made by Sam Raimi and star Bruce Campbell... yes; that would work.

Bruce-Campbell-en-The-Evil-Dead-e1345550790772.jpg

Bruce-Campbell-as-Ash-bruce-campbell-6537048-800-600.jpg

Fuck Bruce Campbell. I met him back in 2000 at a book signing and I was with my then GF her younger sister whom had lately developed and just gotten some great looking tits and was showing them off to everyone when she could. Back to Bruce Campbell; he was so into her tits and shit that he was seriously pulling some "I'm the alpha male here." bullshit with me. He was totally being a dick to me and ignoring any questions I had, but would flirt with my GF's then 16 year old sister non-stop. Super fucking dick if you ask me.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
He also does a decent job at keeping the plot straight forward but also introducing some surprises. Empire Strikes Back was one of the only movies in the existing series that had really excellent plot development and directing and I can see this movie as being more like that. I'm excited to see what Abrams can do, particularly after Star Trek and how good Into Darkness looks.

I agree that the "5 foot shot" fisticuffs are ridiculous. That was a developing problem in the Bourne series (that they somewhat mock in the last Bourne movie). However, I can look past that if the rest of the film is done well. One thing is for sure, this at least won't be a BAYSPLOSION (though that would be vastly better than Episodes 1-3).
- Disney already had a large stake in George Lucas, they just bought out the rest of his holdings.
They did, however this gives them all the rights, trademarks and everything else, too. So they can reference and use Star Wars in other properties now without paying any license fees. This along with getting The Muppets and Marvel makes Disney twice as massive as they were before. Maybe even more. They own several of the most important properties in film, including ILM.
- Lucas is still going to be a consultant on the films, this can be good (4-6) or bad (1-3) only time will tell.
Yes, but fortunately he will only be giving input. He won't have any direct control over them.
I would rather it was written directed and produced by shia lebouf, zack sneider and michael bay than to let george lucas have an other go.
By those standards Abrams sounds like a pretty solid choice, his tv shows suck ass, but star trek was solid.
Haha, well played. I totally agree.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The next movie could be the best movie in the world, and you would still hate it. Let's just be honest. People are mad because they are making another movie. Who's involved, or how good the movie is doesn't matter.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I can't blame Lucas, really.
He donated all 4 billion dollars he got from the deal to education charities.

So he made some shitty prequels, big whoop. I've seen worse atrocities.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
[SCREENSHOT]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bs1_TQ_1VKI/UCsJksKBqqI/AAAAAAAAAXg/IFIFU7W0shA/s1600/Spock-with-LightSaber-Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]