It's been 11 years already?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMNED HIPPY KIDS!!!!

(Well, 11 years and 2 days but who's counting )

Happy belated PuF day to me :D

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
for the newbies amongst us, what is PuF?

"Planet Unreal Forums"

In the fall of 1998, PlanetUnreal, which was originally UNA out of Australia, featuring the likes of San, Arcane, Mia'cova and Mek, began to assemble a number of absolute Unrealaholics as their administration team. The site joined the Gamespy Planet Network and was run for the community, by the community.

After some time, Gamespy stopped being a generous host and began to be assimilated into the hive mind that the Planet network has become today. Because of various events, the original PlanetUnreal staff was forced to either become lapdogs or set out on their own. With a little encouragement and help, BeyondUnreal was born in October of 2001 and has been going strong ever since. You can read more of the Gamespy catastrophe in various places around the web, but our story can be found here.

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
the hive mind that the Planet network has become today.

You mean '- had become then'. Remember the IGN Acquisition back in 04.
It was like PuF->BuF, only hive-wide.

Mass Exoduses from nearly every Planet* website, to the point where most of them have been graveyards for over 5 years now.

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
1999-2001: The Golden Age

I remember PlanetQuake, back in the day. Look how the mighty have fallen now D:

Yeah, PQ back in '98 was a good place to be (before GS made them switch to the brown colour scheme :().

Mass Exoduses from nearly every Planet* website, to the point where most of them have been graveyards for over 5 years now.

I wonder how RaptoR's doing over at PlanetUnreal? :lol: </schadenfreude>

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMNED HIPPY KIDS!!!
That's the spirit.

gran_torino.jpg

Congratulations. :)

Last edited: