Hard Reset

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
All the visual quality UT3 should have had, but none of the nice movement and strategy.

All the fast paced run and gun old school shooter fun, but on graphics that aren't needed 'cause everything is moving too fast.

I'm buying this for 3 main reasons:

1, Old school, simple run and gun have fun gameplay.

2, They had the decency to put out a DEMO.

3, It's not over priced at all. $30 for a digital only game is so refreshing to see.

Nitpicking: I'd like to see crouch put in, and have it help aiming a little like in CoD and most other FPS games. This and the UT function of having crouch allow you to not fall off a ledge have become instinctive staples I always assume are in most games,.. repeatedly.. and usually to great laughing disappointment. I can't even count how many times I've held crouch and slowly edged myself off a ledge in so many shooters. :D "Mistakes were made"

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I liked it. It is much more "Painkiller 2" than Bulletstorm was that's for sure. True PC FOV, lots of shit exploding and bosses look interesting nevertheless
I don't really think PCF really meant to make Bulletstorm a "Painkiller 2" replacement.

What I really did fall in love with though in Painkiller was the huge, many varied, nicely detailed, and imaginative levels. The gameplay was fun for a bit but after a while, it starts to get repetitive. Story concept wasn't half bad either although there wasn't really any story telling there for most of the game. No, it was the levels that kept me coming back.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
I'm buying this for 3 main reasons:

1, Old school, simple run and gun have fun gameplay.

2, They had the decency to put out a DEMO.

3, It's not over priced at all. $30 for a digital only game is so refreshing to see.[...]

^^same here. Preordered it together with Serious Sam 3: BFE from steam (for the latter you get 20% discount if you own the previous HD versions). Honest prices, from honest and devoted old-school-FPS PC developers who spit on consolish gameplay limitations and trendy pseudorealistic war/terrorist scenarios.

Rich K. sums it up nicely :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
looks like they have the same problem as id with system requirements - GeForce 8800 minimum, or 9800 recommended.
wtf.
Maybe it's just super CPU intensive (or maybe I should try the demo), but whatever; for 30 bucks I'll take the dive.
Seems to be my style.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Dunno about SS3, but the HardReset demo configured itself for High details on my rig;
GTX 460 and Phenom II 945(3GHz quad)

Ok, I lol'd at Rich Knuckles

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
looks like they have the same problem as id with system requirements - GeForce 8800 minimum, or 9800 recommended.
wtf.
Maybe it's just super CPU intensive (or maybe I should try the demo), but whatever; for 30 bucks I'll take the dive.
Seems to be my style.

I believe it is cpu intensive. People were posting their results of the built in benchmark and someone with the same processor as me and comparable graphics card got a nearly 20fps increase on his minimum framerate over mine. The difference was that he unlocked his dual to become a triple core.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I thought it was a pretty fun demo. I agree that there's some Painkiller feel in there yet it leaves you wanting a bit more from the movement for being a faster-paced game. I hope there weapons vary a bit more too in the full game. Two standard guns is a little weak.

Game ran great for me on Ultra if I left FXAA off. The mouse feels good if you're constantly 60+ fps and have reduce input lag checkmarked. The moment you drop below 60, it starts to feel pretty clunky though :(

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I believe it is cpu intensive. People were posting their results of the built in benchmark and someone with the same processor as me and comparable graphics card got a nearly 20fps increase on his minimum framerate over mine. The difference was that he unlocked his dual to become a triple core.

That's nuts.
What fps were you getting?

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Yeah that main menu is annoying as FUCK. It takes 4 seconds (by my count, idk I am not a clock) to switch between menus. What a waste of time.[...]

They 've kinda fixed it

2. In the main menu we added a small check box in lower right corner 'Fast Menu' - so if you will enable this option, the menu animations will be faster (for all those who were annoyed with the speed)

from http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2112298