Anyone here really good at SEO?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
SEO has been a thorn in my side for years. My website is wordpress based and I have looked at lot of SEO plugins with zero results. I've tried web tutorials and I've read articles and its just not working. I'm just not showing up where I need to be showing up.

Help!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
What results are you expecting? If it's better page rank this also requires some backlink. As for keywords some research through Google can help.

P.S: Google search engine has changed it's algorithm recently.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
What results are you expecting? If it's better page rank this also requires some backlink. As for keywords some research through Google can help.

P.S: Google search engine has changed it's algorithm recently.

Most of my traffic comes from advertising, facebook and word of mouth which is very strong. Unfortunately that doesn't allow for many people who have never heard of my site and would otherwise discover me through a web search. I'm looking to appear at least on the first 3 pages of a search.. but instead I don't even appear on the 33rd page in the categories I would like to appear at.

SEO keeps changing so I'm finding it a bit frustrating to keep up with.

I might as well list myself as the mesothelioma photographer. LOL

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Most of my traffic comes from advertising, facebook and word of mouth which is very strong. Unfortunately that doesn't allow for many people who have never heard of my site and would otherwise discover me through a web search. I'm looking to appear at least on the first 3 pages of a search.. but instead I don't even appear on the 33rd page in the categories I would like to appear at.

SEO keeps changing so I'm finding it a bit frustrating to keep up with.

I might as well list myself as the mesothelioma photographer. LOL

The competition for some keywords can be ruthless. The only way to appear on the front page in this case would be to use Adwords. The alternative is to aim for niche markets and unique keywords. Backlinks should help to boost your pagerank (currently 2/10) especially if the sites containing them have a higher PR. I can give you more info via facebook or put you in contact with an expert.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
Generates META tags automatically
It might be better to set meta keywords, descriptions and titles yourself. Google doesn't like duplicate keywords, phrases containing the same keyword or too many keywords. It's better to be more descriptive, auto-generated ones may be too generic.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Meta tags rate around 3/10 among the site optimizations you can make. They used to work well with Altavista but Google checks other aspects. It's a good idea to make a unique page for each keyword you're aiming for. Finally, dynamic pages are preferred to static ones and it's best to minimize the use of Flash (non indexable) or offer alternative paths (a site map for example) the Googlebot can explore.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Themeing a websites content and backlinks are very important. Keywords and how you use them are second most important I'd say.

Different types of links also play a roll. Links from blog comments or forums only add a little bit of value, and even less if the blog or forum has nothing to do with the topic of your own website.

The best types of links are themed links in that you get a link from a high ranking website that is focused on the same or a similar topic as you. Contact the site admin. Offer to write for them or do some service like a link exchange.

Getting a ton of links overnight will trip Google's alarm. A slow natural progression is best. Maybe a couple links or so a day or even every other day.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
You don't need plugins or any of those fancy things. Such tweaks are insignificant compared to links and content.

Pick your keywords and use them to generate three headlines for your article. Use these in your article with the h3 tags. Use related keywords sprinkled throughout the article, but don't go overboard. Write content that related blogs might refer to in their own articles. Respond to articles from other bigger sites.

Competing for the right words is half the battle. Using these methods I can get on the first page of results for niche keywords. For instance, I used this become the #2 hit for techno viking at it's peak.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Just design your website to be well-structured and let search engines do their job. They do a pretty good job at rating websites and often ignore or even penalize SEO tricks.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
Same boat, expected this to be done by the website expert team i hired, but apparently the website software does it automatically.. which when i check says 'keyword percentage too high!'.. even on a empty page.. must be a bug.