Happy birthday UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
A few days late, but nonetheless... a happy birthday you old dog.
11 years and counting!

zomgpresents.jpg

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
ZOMG, it's been 3 months since I last played UT!

Santa isn't coming to my house now.

awergh

Apr 12, 2008
dmcake.jpg

Is this any better it's supposed to be a cake I think, its from the map DM-Cake

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Happy belated BDay UT! You're still one of my most favorite games of all time.

...next to Unreal, of course. ;)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Some warcow ran of with them.

It is your duty to retrieve the most likely drooling, inbred warcow (with rabies) and snatch the UT presents from his smelly paws.
He most likely resides in either deck16 to deck455, or facing worlds (somewhere in the shadows with a zark sniper rifle)

The fate of the entire UT community rests in your grubby meathooks (aka as hands).
Can you elude this malicious, insidious cow? Can you tear him a new orifice with the power of thy impact hammer? Will you smite his treacherous body into the depths of morpheus, sending him to a burning redeeming ending?
Or just kick him in the granoks(?).

Whatever you do, time is running and for all we know he might already be ..somewhere else.

Do you dare challenge a Warcow?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Some warcow ran of with them.

It is your duty to retrieve the most likely drooling, inbred warcow (with rabies) and snatch the UT presents from his smelly paws.
He most likely resides in either deck16 to deck455, or facing worlds (somewhere in the shadows with a zark sniper rifle)

The fate of the entire UT community rests in your grubby meathooks (aka as hands).
Can you elude this malicious, insidious cow? Can you tear him a new orifice with the power of thy impact hammer? Will you smite his treacherous body into the depths of morpheus, sending him to a burning redeeming ending?
Or just kick him in the granoks(?).

Whatever you do, time is running and for all we know he might already be ..somewhere else.

Do you dare challenge a Warcow?
Yes, on the condition that I have god mode on. :D

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
I too was born about a month away from Christmas so I get presents for both days at once sometimes... :eek:

Happy (belated) birthday UT1, and thanks for all the fun memories...especially when I got GOTY during the holidays! :D

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Happy birthday original UT. 11 and still my favorite of the series.

On the flip side Dec 15 marks the 10th anniversary of the demise of 3DFX. What a bummer that was at the time. Who knows what they may have come up with if only they hadn't made bad decisions that sent them to an early grave -- R.I.P. 3DFX.

FrankoManno

UT is not dead, it just smells funny
Feb 18, 2010
US
Happy Bday UT; my fav shooter of all time. Speaking of time, I never seem to have time to play anymore. Bummer.

I still has a couple 3DFX magazines in the basement somewhere

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Can't believe it has been 11 years already that this masterpiece was released, time is flying so fast, the same i can't believe i'm going to be 38 years old in some time.

Though it's been a long time i have not launched UT anymore, surprisingly it is always present on my hard drive.

I guess i'll get some botmatches soon enough for another nostalgia trip.
Always i will remember my first UT online game, on one of the first demos on this crazy Morpheus map. I was playing on Software render in 512*384, as nothing else was running smoothly on my old computer of that time.
So much fun to see the potential of that game.
And Infiltration, oh Infiltration, that amazing TC that got me stuck with UT online at night for years, so much good times.

Happy birthday UT, and always thank you to everyone that contributed into me having so much fun with that good UT engine through all those years.

Last edited: