TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I'm genuinely annoyed about the "buy ingame items" thing. The fun thing about hats was that they were so rare and you would only see a few in servers. Now every rich fag will have all the good hats.

:(

It means you can spot the 'more money than sense' people a mile off though, when they're wearing a hat that's cost them more than the actual game...

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
The sniper was already incredibly annoying
Sort of. It isn't that annoying for a good sniper because snipers that allow their charge to fill will get owned by good ones.
I'm genuinely annoyed about the "buy ingame items" thing. The fun thing about hats was that they were so rare and you would only see a few in servers. Now every rich fag will have all the good hats.

:(
True, but there's still some new hats you can only get through random drops and not the store. Those are the super rare ones now.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
It means you can spot the 'more money than sense' people a mile off though, when they're wearing a hat that's cost them more than the actual game...

:p

At least you can tell who got there hats the right way because of the "vintage" tags.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Not really. "Vintage" tags are only put on stuff that was found before the Mann Conomy patch. I think you can see if stuff has been bought or found though, by looking at whether it can be traded/crafted into something.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I don't have an issue with the update. Prices on all the new items will come down in time and it's a good way for them to pay contributors for their work.

As most of the things in the store can be obtained via achievements or the item drop system it's basically a way for impatient people to get up to speed if they want. Nothing wrong with that since you can do the same via trading or crafting.

If people would rather pay for instant gratification, more power to them. As long as all the gameplay related items are craftable, tradeable or drop in the game I don't have an issue with it. Paying a little money to customize the color of your hat or add a special name is fine.

As it is, I'll probably drop a little bit of cash in just to check it out and grab the training rocket launcher just for the Mann Co. hat and maybe a can of paint to recolor it.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I'm not ashamed to admit I put $5 into my steam wallet for this game. It's treated me so well for 3 years, I felt it was the least I could do to show my continued enjoyment and support. I knew what was going to happen though.

I put $5 in because I got a Series 2 crate that probably had a 99% chance of giving me something I didn't have (which it did, I got a Shortstop out of it). I had also never received a class-specific hat drop in all of my playing. So with the $2.51 left, I got the Soldier's Stash helmet and said to myself, "Watch, now I'll get a hat drop."

I **** you not, I joined a server and within 5 minutes got a drop: Sergeant's Drill Hat. So not only did I finally get a class-specific hat, it was another Soldier hat :rolleyes:

Anyone have a vintage Bonk they want to trade? I turned mine into a Crit-A-Cola before the update and am now Bonk-less.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I'm not ashamed to admit I put $5 into my steam wallet for this game. It's treated me so well for 3 years, I felt it was the least I could do to show my continued enjoyment and support. I knew what was going to happen though.

I put $5 in because I got a Series 2 crate that probably had a 99% chance of giving me something I didn't have (which it did, I got a Shortstop out of it). I had also never received a class-specific hat drop in all of my playing. So with the $2.51 left, I got the Soldier's Stash helmet and said to myself, "Watch, now I'll get a hat drop."

I **** you not, I joined a server and within 5 minutes got a drop: Sergeant's Drill Hat. So not only did I finally get a class-specific hat, it was another Soldier hat :rolleyes:

Anyone have a vintage Bonk they want to trade? I turned mine into a Crit-A-Cola before the update and am now Bonk-less.

I'll give you my vintage Bonk and a Towering Pile of Hats for that Sergeant's Drill Hat. Add pineconeboy on Steam, I'll be on tonight in about 10 hours.

I'm enjoying the new update. The trading system works great and the store doesn't bother me considering you can still get everything through random drops or crafting. The only thing I don't like is the new sniper gear, which makes the sniper a really annoying class.

Your Eternal Reward slavering noob Spies are chainstabbing their way through teams, and yet somehow, from all I've seen,.. it doesn't really amount to them dong much for their team. They snatch up a few kills more than usual, and never get around to capping or defending a damn thing 'cause eventually they do get caught and quickly sent packing.

Now my Pyro,.. him I'm getting good with lately. :D I'm using all stock except for the Powerjack, and getting downright mean at reflecting projectiles finally.

Keep in mind I've only been playing really about a solid week now, but it's getting to be a good deal more fun than I thought it would.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I was fortunate enough to be on a server when someone bought and used a server gift. I'm now an owner of the Chieftan's Challenge :) Had I not traded pine my Drill Hat, that would have been 3 class-specific hats in my inventory...all for the soldier.

This Halloween update is a lot of fun, I love the Franken-Heavy. With the new Mann Co. store and all the class updates in place, I wouldn't be suprised to see more seasonal updates. I can picture Santa-Heavy now...

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I was hoping they'd add Santa hats last year after the success of the Halloween event but that never materialized :( It would be great if they did that this year.

Hoping to get some time in with the game tonight. Sadly, I'm ultra-casual with this game so I haven't played for any significant length of time since this time last year...

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Scotsman's Skullcutter, 2 Refined Metal, and the Unusual Haunted Metal

Edit: beaten to the punch!

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I didn't bother with the Horsemann's axe because it's the normal axe with a new model, and I never use the axe in the first place. Instead I used 4 Refined metals (knew it was a good idea to save it all) and the unusual metal to craft one of the new Halloween hats. I was desperately hoping for the skull but got the lame voodoo juju instead. :( Probably just going to buy it since it's the first hat I want pretty bad.

Also, there is an easy way to spawn the horsemann and cheat via the console in your own server:
sv_cheats 1; noclip; hurtme -9999999; bot; tf_halloween_force_boss_spawn; sv_cheats 0
Chances are valve will fix it before the event is over. They can probably tell who has done it too but I doubt they'll ban for it though. It's no fun doing it that way either.