COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
Tried it on the free weekend yesterday. It was fun, but not that good to make me buy it right now. Girlfriend asked me to buy it. I said that we need to try BF:BC2 before deciding. :p

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Does that include putting it in the palm of your hand? The caliber of your dignity could be astounding then. It could be for any man who thinks like this!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
emot-smug.gif

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
This just in - rumours of a second "Resurgence" map pack. Get this - 5 new maps (3 of which are purportedly ports from the first MW if rumours are correct), and once more $15.

This also just in - Rumor has it that the second map pack will sell just as well, if not better, than the first. Reasons for this, because people are ignorant.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Its not a rumor, Robert "420 Tube noobs everday" Bowling confirmed it on his tweeter.

fourzerotwo

Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Package hits June 3rd on #xboxlive and brings with it 5 new maps to #MW2 multiplayer! I'll send details your way

Get ready to pay another 15 bucks bitches

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Welp just confirmed it on the cesspool that is the IW forums. Seriously are they really that daft that they are going to ignore all the issues at hand(on all 3 platforms) and continue to pump out maps instead?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
^ Yep. 3 million sales at $15.

Or to put it another way, 45 million dollars for 3 maps worth of work (maybe 500 man hours if you're really pushing it?). Something like a 450,000% profit margin (and of course, those who actually did the monkey work will see nothing of that).

My question is who is doing the work now? Pretty much everyone left IW

Doesn't take an army of developers to put together a few levels - if you already have the assets, all you need are a couple of people who can work their way around editor.

If you're porting maps from the previous game, I'd anticipate it's almost as little work as dragging the map file across, then including any additional assets needed to make it work.