COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
Heh

Stim maps are actually pretty fun. The whole download thing was silly though. Double XP and Free Weekend etc came at the wrong time. I want to try prestige now but I have finals to deal with!

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
wow what a load of horsecrap!

Stimulus can go suck a dead dogs snout for all I care.

To sum it up:
* No choice of actual gamemode just like groundwar/mosh pit(I'm a HC TDM player and I do NOT want to play ****ing Search and Destroy)
* Regular HC TDM doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Could be servers/players have moved to Stimulus but it says 4000+ players online.

I never should have bought it. I feel so abused. FU activision and IWard.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
wow what a load of horsecrap!

Stimulus can go suck a dead dogs snout for all I care.

To sum it up:
* No choice of actual gamemode just like groundwar/mosh pit(I'm a HC TDM player and I do NOT want to play ****ing Search and Destroy)
* Regular HC TDM doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Could be servers/players have moved to Stimulus but it says 4000+ players online.

I never should have bought it. I feel so abused. FU activision and IWard.

Did you even do any research about the pack first before you hit the buy button? I usually peek in at the IW forums(the cesspool it may be) and found numerous threads(from all 3 platforms) describing the exact same complaints you were having.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
So I just picked this game up a few weeks ago since a good friend of mine started playing, I also finally put down $14.99 for CoD4 when Steam put it up for sale.

Can someone give me a quick explanation of the prestige mode? If you want to get as far as possible do you basically have to level up to 70 ten times?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So I just picked this game up a few weeks ago since a good friend of mine started playing, I also finally put down $14.99 for CoD4 when Steam put it up for sale.

Can someone give me a quick explanation of the prestige mode? If you want to get as far as possible do you basically have to level up to 70 ten times?

Prestiging only gives you access to extra class slots(1 slot every other prestige) and also opens up prestige challenges. I recommend prestiging at least once so you unlock the extra challenges, then do as many as you can. None prestige challenges and pretty much every unlockable(except titles, emblems, and accolades) will reset once you hit that button, so if you called in 49/50 chopper gunners that number will revert back to 0.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Prestiging only gives you access to extra class slots(1 slot every other prestige) and also opens up prestige challenges. I recommend prestiging at least once so you unlock the extra challenges, then do as many as you can. None prestige challenges and pretty much every unlockable(except titles, emblems, and accolades) will reset once you hit that button, so if you called in 49/50 chopper gunners that number will revert back to 0.

Yeah, that much I've gotten. I just wasn't sure when the higher prestige levels became available, I pictured it as basically leveling up to lv. 700 (more or less)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Meh. Map pack was a joke from the start as soon as they wanted even the slightest bit of money for it.

I learnt my mistake after buying the game, if you thought this would work or be worth it you deserve to be screwed. This game was all about money for Activision and still is.

It was fun for a while until every other game had a hacker or more. The free weekend this week steam managed to **** up and it forced mw2 to reinstall, so I just removed it. Not worth the downloading time.

Besides, went back to cod4. It's miles better gameplay wise.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
If anyone wants to join an xp hacked lobby that also gives you all your emblems and challenges, join now, otherwise steer clear as an overwhelming majority are hacked. It is pure awesomeness.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Is it wrong for me to gloat about how I only paid 5$ more than Rex did for a bunch of maps, for 6 enjoyable campaigns and hilariously epic 10v10 versus action in L4D2?