gimme new monsters.nao!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yes. thats true.
but it is also a matter of talent.i never could understand or learn scripting.
also modelling is very hard.i have respect to ppl who are that creative to make all alone.:)

edit: haha oki.i thought it was me.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Btw I forgot to say the leech gun also slowed you down etc, but don't remember exactly, however I still got the extracted alpha source code, I still wonder why they replaced it with that weird spider gun, if the idea was good actually and the firing modes too.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Bumpidy buuump.

any news fellas ? anyone found on servers or unreal fansites new scriptedpawns ?
they must be total new from scratch...new mesh/animation/sound..etc
no modded skaarj.

been talking on the other thread about the unreal2 monsters...would someone ,who can, convert them ?

pls post here or give download links if you have good news for us.tnx.

Edit: the doom pawns are 2D :(

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Oh i read that thread and I'm interested too :D
really Firestorm seems to have some new things and I don't know for RD but I wait that mod to play it :)

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
snakes and scorpions for unreal/ut !
with the help of leo i found those on this thread here on BuF:http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=185038
LOL, I could have given you the SOURCE CODE if you would have asked me. I mean its a pain in the a$$ to rip that stuff from an u file. :rolleyes:
BTW: Snake and Scorp is copyrighted by Turboman (Firestorm Mod for Unreal). I just got his permission to use his stuff. :)

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
oops soz creavion.i forgot to mention those pawns are included in the nice SP map called "antalius" made by you ;)
i just dunno if the pawns also work for unreal...

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Bingo.
So have you contacted ID, or checked the license to make sure what you're doing is legal?

They said it's OK.

I don't believe this for a second. Same goes for those postal monsters. Sure, it's fun seeing "new" monsters in UT, but it's illegal ripping. Anyway, they've most likely received a c&d from ID.

Someone on the UT forum once tried making an UDoom mod, iirc using some of the old materials made by ID and it didn't take long before he was contacted by them.

ID is very strict about this.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
saying that i must think of skincity.there are so many skins and models taken from movies or other games...:eek:

Edit: well...in this case it is original content taken from one game to another without asking.so you might be right neo.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah, I think Sad has put a limit on those kinds of models.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love seeing the quake monsters in unreal though. Would be quite awkward, though. Wonder how they behave/move.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
One thing that would really make me go nuts is any Quake related stuff like maps, weapons, monsters, etc for Unreal Tournament.

I started porting the weapons from Q3a 2 years ago until I found a very ugly bug with the skin position in the meshes. What sucked was that I spent more than 6 months writing the script and making the animations using the MilkShape program just to see it all go to waste. I think that the biggest problem with the porting stuff from other games is that the U1 engine has more limitations than any other older engines and things never come out right for it. And aside to that, there isn't a program that can port things properly anyway.

By reading through that thread about his models made me think that whatever he was working on was looking very promising and exciting but he probably saw or got to a point that things weren't coming out right or as he expected. It is very hard for one person to work on a big conversion like that for the reason that other modders know about things that others might not know where several people can work together and share their knowledge to get the work done. Maybe the stop on his project wasn't related to copyright but the lack of help or the amount of bugs/glitches in this engine could've made him give it up. I know this for a fact because I wasn't able to port a single Q3a mesh to UT properly which wasn't possible. :(

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Looks more like a Big Man. These guys will replace the Brutes and hopefully they won't suck at fighting.