Exploding eggs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Word of advice: when you put some hard boiled eggs in the microwave, make sure to puncture them a few times with a knife so excess heat can get out.

I heated two eggs up yesterday just to have something to munch on quickly and one of them litteraly exploded from the inside causing a burn blister on my upper lip.

If you ever have burns on your lips like this, some things you can try to have some relief are olive oil or honey.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Nice summary Balton :p . What happened exactly, is that I tried biting the egg and some of the yolk came exploding out and burnt through the skin. I'm not sure what happened in the microwave but a third of the yolk wasn't edible afterwards. It was like part of it had been submitted to really high temperatures.

P.S: I guess you could consider as postmortem revenge for egg-icide.

why do you even put eggs in the microwave

i cant imagine it tasting good

It's just to heat them up for a few seconds. Hardboiled eggs are ok when cold but I wanted to eat something warm.

Last edited:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
I'm pretty sure that eggs have always been right there beside grapes and metal objects on the list of things not to put in a microwave.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I'm pretty sure they make several products specifically to hard boil eggs that are just as fast, and far more effective.
That's why I prefer to boil them :p
Why would you put a hard boiled egg that has been cooled off back into boiling water just to heat it back up? Hell, why would you do it period? Reboiling it would probably mess up the food.

Seems obvious that microwaving it would too though, looks like a bunch of people in this thread don't have much common sense when it comes to cooking. >.>

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ok, what's the best comprimise then ? Put the kettle on with an egg or two inside so you can also have tea/coffee at the same time :p ?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Ok, what's the best comprimise then ? Put the kettle on with an egg or two inside so you can also have tea/coffee at the same time :p ?

If preparing food properly is too tedious there's always fast food ;)

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
Why would you put a hard boiled egg that has been cooled off back into boiling water just to heat it back up? Hell, why would you do it period? Reboiling it would probably mess up the food.

Seems obvious that microwaving it would too though, looks like a bunch of people in this thread don't have much common sense when it comes to cooking. >.>

SleepyHe4d, what the **** are you smoking? :lol:

I was simply stating that I prefer to boil a regular egg instead of microwaving it ;)

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
not as bad as cooked tomatoes,

Looks innocent and cool enough, but as you bight Shard's of searing Shrapnel (pips) burst out and shred your mouth out.

frigging tomatoes.

Last edited: