Unreal Championship 2 Model Pack for UT2004[BETA][PICS]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 8, 2008
Unreal Championship 2 Model Pack for UT2004[BETA v1.2][UPDATED 9-19-09]

***BETA RELEASE***

Name: Unreal Championship 2 Model Pack for UT2004 v1.2 by urPackage

Version: Beta v1.2

Compatibility: UT2004 Retail

Description:
-This model pack includes all 34 characters from Unreal Championship 2 The Liandri Conflict Xbox Game

ModelPack1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLUKPTe3nRw

-Extract ReleaseV1.2.rar to UT2004 Directory and OVERWRITE all files

Notes:
-Original bios
-Original portraits (for those without originals custom ones were made in similar style)
-Original texture resolution increased 400%
-Original textures sharpened
-Original/Custom specular maps
-Original environment maps
-Original/Custom emissive/light maps (Certain chars)
-Original voicepacks (Certain chars)
-Original skin vertex weight rigging
-Original shaders
-Original Team skins (4 way support)

Version 1.1 Additions/Updates list:
-Added Malcom
-Added Raiden
-Added Mercenary Anubis
-Added Anubis with no helm
-Added Security Bot
-Added Malcom/Devastation/Raptor/Corrosion/Syzygy Emissive maps
-Added Custom portraits for any character without one
-Reduced Specular level by half on all chars (previous release spec level was extremely high and some chars looked candy coated)
-Changed Nakhti character spec map to original
-Changed Skaarj character spec map to original
-Changed Necris character spec map to original
-Changed Devastation character spec map to original

Version 1.2 Additions/Updates:
-Removed hand made team skins
-new 4 color team skins on all characters
-team skins use original textures
-team skins use original alpha channel for combiner/shader

Known issues:
-Since original skin weight was used some anims are still incorrect...ie Skaarj hands, Necris knees, Bot hands, etc.

Programs used:
-Umodel
-Autodesk 3ds Max 9 64-bit
-Adobe Photoshop CS3

Credits:
-Epic Games - Models/Textures
-Gildor - Umodel

Download Links:
http://www.filefront.com/14563057/ReleaseV1.2.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=262YJJZE
http://rapidshare.com/files/282316219/ReleaseV1.2.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?urnonyi4tuy

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2008
Did you just do something that thanatos and the UC2004 team were doing as well?

That team has been disbanded/inactive for awhile now.

They were recreating the models from scratch...which at the time was the only way since there was no way to extract the meshes from the xbox data.

I posted on their uc2004 forums when first the meshes could be extracted with the umodel program...one or two of the members replied pretty much saying i could try and get everyone together but not likely. No one else responded to those posts unfortunately so then i began working on porting them myself which brings us to what we have here.

Zeji

Nov 8, 2008
This is amazing! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into getting this pack out. :notworthy:

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Those characters look excellent! Thank you for taking the time to release these! :D :tup:

I've got a problem, though. When I try to install the characters, I get the following error messages:

Error creating file: "Textures\UC2PlayerSkins.utx"

Could not find this item.

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Username\Local\Temp\UC2Playerskins.utx. Verify the item's location and try again.

Everything else aside from UC2Playerskins.utx extracted properly. I've tried to use 7-zip file manager (I've found that it usually helps), but it still can't extract the file.

Edit: I just had to download from a different link, and now it works. :D

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There is no Nephthys in this pack (disregard this, I didn't try it ingame), it is still incomplete I see, but there is raiden (while you say there is not) and the UC2playerskins seems to be damaged. I will dl it again but I got CRC error(the filefront link has the error).
EDIT: Hmm or not, I thought by looking at the packages there are only few of the characters but there are more than the package names, got confused by that it seems.
Hmm it seems that Raiden is not there after all then, only voice. Will you add him and malcolm later then?
Btw would it be possible to convert even the anims over? I see they have UT2004 anims as other ported characters usually.
Also some face texture resolutions seem to be wrong, like that darius.
Also: Skaarj have missing hair bits etc and missing descriptions, in the other pack with some converted chars I noticed they had also new combos, but i think that is kinda useless, you didn't add special combos in did you?

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2008
There is no Nephthys in this pack (disregard this, I didn't try it ingame), it is still incomplete I see, but there is raiden (while you say there is not) and the UC2playerskins seems to be damaged. I will dl it again but I got CRC error(the filefront link has the error).
EDIT: Hmm or not, I thought by looking at the packages there are only few of the characters but there are more than the package names, got confused by that it seems.
Hmm it seems that Raiden is not there after all then, only voice. Will you add him and malcolm later then?
Btw would it be possible to convert even the anims over? I see they have UT2004 anims as other ported characters usually.
Also some face texture resolutions seem to be wrong, like that darius.
Also: Skaarj have missing hair bits etc and missing descriptions, in the other pack with some converted chars I noticed they had also new combos, but i think that is kinda useless, you didn't add special combos in did you?

Hmm...well i upped it again to Filefront, very strange it was the exact same file as the other mirrors.

As far as Raiden and Malcom, the meshes/textures are included in this pack but not playable. The reason for that is the textures are grayscale and need to be colored in. If someone wanted to color them in and then edit the .upl files to include them then they would be playable.

Again this is a Beta, far from complete so yes there is going to be issues. Known ones include:

-Rigging not up to par on chars
-Portraits not matching
-Not all chars have teamskins
-Textures not compressed/resolution lower

I used the default UT2004 Male/Female animations for all the chars except the Juggernauts, and the hair missing from some Skaarj was because I would have had to add the hair physics animations. No new animations were added.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The other pack had the hair in skaarj, but it was quite buggy and it overlapped with model.
Anyway great job!
Also new animations would be cool, also in the skaarj characters (or mix them with few genmokai ones or dunno), but they can't be simply ported over can they?
As for the voice packs, did all the skaarj there have szalor's voice? except for szalor they have default alien male voice here.

But I don't quite like that voicepack of these UC2 skaarjs, it sounds way too human.

Also, did UC2 skaarjs have green blood? In UT2004 it is only because they are "alien" and gen mo kai had green blood by default, but in all othergames they have red blood, how is it in UC2?

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
But I don't quite like that voicepack of these UC2 skaarjs, it sounds way too human.

UC2 Skaarj weren't already Skaarj to begin with. Compare them with a U1 or U2 Skaarj, and you'll notice one massive amount of differences.
I'd probably ask to a UC2 Skaarj "What and who the hell are you?".

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2008
The other pack had the hair in skaarj, but it was quite buggy and it overlapped with model.
Anyway great job!
Also new animations would be cool, also in the skaarj characters (or mix them with few genmokai ones or dunno), but they can't be simply ported over can they?
As for the voice packs, did all the skaarj there have szalor's voice? except for szalor they have default alien male voice here.

Also, did UC2 skaarjs have green blood? In UT2004 it is only because they are "alien" and gen mo kai had green blood by default, but in all othergames they have red blood, how is it in UC2?

Szalor voicepack was the only one of the Skaarj that i got a chance to do so yeah thats the only one.

I am not actually sure if UC2 had green or red blood..i mean i have the game but i never really played it as the actual gameplay on a console controller never appealed to me. But i really enjoy the art style of UC2...

Anyways thanks guys for all the feedback and feel free to continue to post bugs/errors/improvements. I cannot guarantee that it will get done but i will try :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The maps etc seems to be nice, I cannot say same about all the caracter models, some seem way over the top.
I never played the game though.

renoid

Jul 2, 2009
very nice pack!!! lovin every character of it, never had a chance to play UC2 since im a pure pc gamer. Thank you so much for it. Just one thing though that puzzels me, why not porting those models to UT3?

devastation is hawtt :D

Jul 8, 2008
very nice pack!!! lovin every character of it, never had a chance to play UC2 since im a pure pc gamer. Thank you so much for it. Just one thing though that puzzels me, why not porting those models to UT3?

devastation is hawtt :D

I have begun to work on this again and have made lots of progress...animation errors in the next update should be taken care of and it will also include Malcom and Raiden :D

After i get the final pack into UT2004 i want to also bring them to UT3 as well.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Awesome job, I'll dl the final version for UT2004 when it's up, and eagerly await the UT3 version! :) Keep up the good work!

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
OK one problem I found is Lillith and Caylpso seem to have the same costume where actaly they dont as calyposo's one is more purple.

Other than that though everything seems to work great and i've been wanting to listen to those voicepack for ages.