Epic Games Opens Office in Korea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
More details on this will be forthcoming shortly, but we have confirmed with Epic Games that they have opened a new office in Korea. What this office will be doing or working on is unknown at this point, but we will fill you in as soon as we get further details!

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Or Montreal?

There is already EA Games, Ubisoft, Eidos Mtl, A2M and Gameloft... why not Epic Games? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

indy900

[mXc]indy
Apr 8, 2006
www.mxcclan.com
Or Montreal?

There is already EA Games, Ubisoft, Eidos Mtl, A2M and Gameloft... why not Epic Games? :rolleyes:

or the Niagara region (Canada). There's public funding for media companies and imagine the hijinks of being minutes away from Silicon Knights! That's a sitcom waiting to happen ... or at least a mildly entertaining reality show. Also, it's only about 2 hours from digital extremes location in London, ON and 1.5 hours from Toronto and all the companies around there.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Or Montreal?

Dude, mother truckin' win right there.
Totally local. :D

Montreal sounds like a nice deal, We got UBI MTL, and EA also has a large studio set up (especially UBISOFT), the VG industry is hot enough around here. I'd do my best to get a job there.

All I'm saying is that MTL could use the extra new studios around here.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
What this office will be doing or working on is unknown at this point, but we will fill you in as soon as we get further details!

$5 says free to play MMO development, or assisting companies like Gravity who use the engine.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
87.jpg

or the Niagara region (Canada). There's public funding for media companies and imagine the hijinks of being minutes away from Silicon Knights! That's a sitcom waiting to happen ... or at least a mildly entertaining reality show. Also, it's only about 2 hours from digital extremes location in London, ON and 1.5 hours from Toronto and all the companies around there.

That could make the Niagara Falls Police blotter an even more interesting read than ever. Our morning rock radio DJ's used to read it on the show most Monday mornings to get some good lol's out of the ignorant urban rednecks it featured weekly.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Glad to see Epic doing well enough to fish international waters.
I'd have to throw in with shoptroll about a MMO tie in, possibly support related...
Just glad it's not Los Angeles, as I'm unemployeed and it would be irritating for them for me hanging around their building with my shopping cart :p