UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

C4ASESINO

Mar 2, 2009
I am very happy it is astonishing all the new content, the illumination of the characters and of the weapons is very beautiful. darckmatch is one of the maps more originals of the fps history. great work EPIC.(does somebody know like the weapon hurtles? im happy happy (·8,

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I just came by to say that my setting do save. I was mistaken.

Although, I have to click exit three times for the game to register that I want to quit. :(

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
have these packs fixed the settings being rememberd for mutators and bot settings for anyone?

they did remember the mutator and bot-skill settings for me.

btw : I did start the game *after* the patch and before installing the bonuspack.
It did allow me to discover that somehow the patch had only applied the 1.3 update ... so I had to run the patch again.

The only 'weird' things I've noticed :
= a few odd texture-glitches while being a Titan on Coret in the Greed-gametype

= returning from 'Settings' to 'Main menu' takes a rather long time even though I didn't change anything

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
I've only had time to take a brief run through the levels...

The CTF levels are pretty awesome imo, they seem as though they'll play well and they look good. Don't like Morbid tho... could've found a much better (less forced) way to encourage titan usage i think - took me ages to figure out what the hell was going on! :p sux being forced to use xloc too. But I'm guessing it was just a bit of an experiment that they thought was fun enough to include.

Dark match seemed pretty fun... feel like making a level now that would create lots of "frights" with players coming around corners suddenly + lots of dynamic light stuff. Is a bit of a shame that the names etc are there though I think - mutator pls ;)

Haven't tried the rest yet. Not enough time gaddamit!

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I tried it out today and I do like some of the improvements. Im not saying it's gonna be my fav game again, but a lot of my problems with the game seem to have been addressed.

I honestly like the name tag thing quite a bit as I'm blind as a bat when it comes to enemy recognition.

Like others have said though, and this is my own opinion, not to be taken as a flame...

...the game should have been like this nearer it's release. I probably would have hung on longer before making a complete switch to TF2 as my main.

SmokeRingHalo

Reigning King of DM/CTF Mapping
Mar 1, 2008
smokeringhalo.unrealmaps.net
Indeed ... the in-game message says 'R' for me too and the binding is in the config-menu.
So I am pretty sure that it can be changed.
... ;)

The titan mutator is not configurable in game but I found it in the UTinput.ini.
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="GBA_TriggerHero",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

My "R" was bound to Horn, lol.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Titan mode is fun. :)

And HOLY HACKSAUCE are the bots improved.
They're actually aggressive now. :D
Playing Greed vs a ton of very hard bots = RAEG. But fowkin sweet too.

And the new character lighting is eff'in awesome, especially when firing the stinger.

Last edited:

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
have these packs fixed the settings being rememberd for mutators and bot settings for anyone?

they did remember the mutator and bot-skill settings for me.
You may need to activate a profile; that seems to be the key issue at fault. If you don't want to register to Gamespy, then you need to make an offline profile. The pack itself does not seem to fix this, not for me at least.

jonneymendoza

Mar 6, 2009
Hi everyone. i just got a quick question to ask. i have the retail copy of ut3 and last night i tried to enter my cd key in steam to activate the game but it says that this product has already been activated by me and to check my game list?

this is odd because i have never activated this game on my steam account. I later checked my game list in steam and it had UT3 black edition with an expire date of 3 days? any ideas why i cant activate my retail copy into steam?

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So far I dig it!

Betrayal is fun I can see my self spending hours in that game mode. I was always a fan of instagib matches back in the day. Turbine was ****ing awesome props to Epic level designer(s) and artists working on that one!

Though a two things to note from my first play through

On DM-Eden there is some funky collision at the top of the lifts on the trim I got snagged on that quite often and died not sure if anyone else noted that.

Second WAR-Hostile how the hell do you attack the red base with the core stuck up a tree I could not figure it out! ( I was playing this without bots just to see the layout)

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Modders carnt currently add titan content - nothing - zip - Im trying to add the xray pickup and it crashes every time I cook... :(

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Second WAR-Hostile how the hell do you attack the red base with the core stuck up a tree I could not figure it out! ( I was playing this without bots just to see the layout)

You don't. You have to control the countdown node and let it expire to destroy the core.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Is the last/best nVidia driver to use with UT3 the 182.06 one? I don't want to go wrong.

EDIT: Drivers seem to work perfectly with the game. Loading times are shortened and no more level crashing with settings put at high details.

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I deleted my ini's it saves mutatos and game type settings but not my input settings, char settings and post processing settings.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
what's up with the easter egg on vCTF-Stranded? :lol:
does it have any sort of meaning or is it just meant to be funny (which i think it is)?

the more i play the new content the more i love it :)

Last edited: