RuneStorm Announces 'The Crucible' For UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
From RuneStorm, one of the hottest UT2004 mod developers (who also managed to pump out some award-winning UT3 models, by the way), comes the announcement of The Crucible for Unreal Tournament 3. The quality of their previous work alone makes this one mod you'll want to watch, but here are the details:

The Crucible is a new multiplayer based game, that will feature a unique 1st/3rd person combat and movement system blended with traditional FPS play. The Crucible will place a heavy emphasis on action, violent gun battles and brutal melee combat. Players will be afforded a great deal of customization for characters, gameplay and gametypes.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I wont pass any judgements till i play it, but this definately seems to be going in a different direction than BW, and i'm not quite sure what to make of that.. they had something good going with BW.

ShadowBlade

RuneStorm developer
May 4, 2006
South Africa
www.runestorm.com
By Multiplayer, we mean no SP storyline campaign. Like UT3 really, or Ut2k4. An arena game. There will still be botmatches/instant action. :)

We've gotta work hard as hell though. We'll be releasing more info as we go.