I almost cut my finger off. Wooo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
well just the the tip. Box cutter sliced me across the joint closest to the tip of my left index finger, on the inside of the joint. If i removed the tab on the knife to let the blade extend past 1/2 inch it probably would have come clean off.

3 stitches and a tetanus shot later, my finger kinda hurts.

oh well, It'll heal. (properly I hope, and not all stupid like)

edit: It's my 'd' finger noooo

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Wo, I know exactly how that feels. I managed to cut my left thumb nearly to the bone when it slid accross some sharp bits inside a PC case. It bled quite a lot. I didn't have any stitches done and it felt as if the piece of flesh had been superglued back on. Three years later it feels ok.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Even if you had sliced it off, it could've been reattached. Suck though, a clan mate of mine did this too before a CW. He had to head off to the hospital because he was bleeding like hell :p

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I almost sliced the tip of my left index finger off. Also a box cutter. Go figure. The worst part of it was not the bleeding, which it was doing profusely. It was not the pain, which surprisingly it hurt like heck considering it was a brand new razor blade. The worst part is I almost instantly started to get dizzy, and nauseous. I was working at the time. I had to go outside and sit on a bench and calm down. The fresh air helped a lot I think. I was taking deep breaths. Even still I could feel I was blacking out. Everything was getting dark.

Luckily I didn't black out completely. The dizziness and nausea went away and I was able to go back to my work and finish, which I was thankfully almost done with.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I almost sliced the tip of my left index finger off. Also a box cutter. Go figure. The worst part of it was not the bleeding, which it was doing profusely. It was not the pain, which surprisingly it hurt like heck considering it was a brand new razor blade. The worst part is I almost instantly started to get dizzy, and nauseous. I was working at the time. I had to go outside and sit on a bench and calm down. The fresh air helped a lot I think. I was taking deep breaths. Even still I could feel I was blacking out. Everything was getting dark.

Luckily I didn't black out completely. The dizziness and nausea went away and I was able to go back to my work and finish, which I was thankfully almost done with.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
lol I want that sig too. :]

Anyway the closest I've ever gotten to that was I sliced of a nice chunk off my left thumb once in art class. It was all flat on the end. The cool part was watching it grow back in layers.