UT99.org Map Pack 2 Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Man, oh man. How completely awesome. UT1 still has some of the greatest custom gametypes around, and new mappage just makes me want to bust out a game of Slavemaster.

UT99.org|Shade

Jan 27, 2008
Hello,

I am glad you like the screenshots. :)

But I am a bit confused about the tags for this thread: "it wasn't called ut99"

Yes, "it wasn't called ut99", until newer versions were released...

"Retrospectively, the game has also been referred to as UT99 or UT Classic to differentiate it from its numbered sequels." Source: Wikipedia

Regards,
Shade

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
But I am a bit confused about the tags for this thread: "it wasn't called ut99"

Yes, "it wasn't called ut99", until newer versions were released...

"Retrospectively, the game has also been referred to as UT99 or UT Classic to differentiate it from its numbered sequels." Source: Wikipedia

Regards,
Shade

Is the last film on the Godfather referred to as Godfather1990 ? Up until UT2003, the year was only used with sports games (ex: NHL). Since new players referred to UT2004 as UT and couldn't be bothered to make the difference between the two, they plonked 99 on the name of the original. Needless to say, existing players of the original thought it was silly.

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Those maps are really great looking for UT 1. :D

I'm amazed to see pickup meshes from UT2004 & UT 3, would like to see how they are in the original UT gameplay...

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Is the last film on the Godfather referred to as Godfather1990 ? Up until UT2003, the year was only used with sports games (ex: NHL). Since new players referred to UT2004 as UT and couldn't be bothered to make the difference between the two, they plonked 99 on the name of the original. Needless to say, existing players of the original thought it was silly.
I guess if enough people were to say that Hillary Clinton is a babe that it would eventually be so.

Back on-topic: the maps do look pretty sweet. My only issue is finding a copy of this game called UT99.

KeithZG

will forever be nostalgic
Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Time to try again to get Unreal Tournament installed on 64-bit Linux; maaaaan was this game good. Maaaan IS it good. It is still my favorite versus game ever . . . maybe even my favorite game ever. Definitely up there. It's why I'm still here, really; no matter how much Epic Games might fall, no matter what they might screw up, no matter the ups and the downs, it doesn't matter. They made UT. They are forever excused and loved. A bit naive, I'll admit, but my memories of it are so clear and joyous . . .