Deus Ex...3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Now all they need now is Psychonauts 2 and we'll have all the sequels we'll ever want.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I have allready decided that this game will be a steaming pile, and is absolutely unworthy of the DX title.
Why? necause then i wont be dissapointed if they cock it up, but i will be very pleasently supriced if they dont ;)

Like Velvet Cyberpunk said, DX2 could actually have been a good game, if they had just not called it Deus Ex! but since they did, you could never shake the feeling that DX1 was much deeper and it was a terrible experiance.

Velvet Cyberpunk

May 31, 2008
Like Velvet Cyberpunk said, DX2 could actually have been a good game, if they had just not called it Deus Ex! but since they did, you could never shake the feeling that DX1 was much deeper and it was a terrible experience.

Indeed, if you have a fabulous filet mignon dinner with burgundy mushroom sauce one night at a friend's house and then they invite you back the next night for part 2 and serve hamburgers, no matter how good those burgers are they'll be a disappointment.

Of course my comparison is simplistic, and I am fully aware that there are people who like hamburgers as much or more than a good steak, But they are rare, just as the people who like IW more than the original are rare. The fact is people expect a second experience with something to be as good or better than their first. IW didn't have to be the exact same as the original as far as story but they should have made the effort to make it as deep and as good as the original, and they failed.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
DX2 was a weak mess...X3 will follow the same venue to ensure to sell down to the masses...... all the good game devs are dead, crippled, neutered by the industry or unemployed... ....

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
DX1 is great, I am still finding things I never knew about through subsequent playthroughs. It also changes gameplay dramatically on skill choice, Its unfortunate there were a few exploits, though (clear an area then explore all possible entrances to get exploration skill points).

Next run I might try be a pacifist evasion expert, I never did any of the stuff you learn in the stealth tutorial in the actual game (throwing small items as a distraction for example).

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
New Deus Ex 3 info...

Great, another legendary game ruined by the mass of idiots playing and designing games these days.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198546&site=cvg
Perhaps controversially this time around combat won't be influenced by stats, but will rely purely on your personal marksmanship skills.

What's more, stealth will now rely on a cover system rather than shadows, and damage will be dealt with by a very Call of Duty-style auto-heal. There's probably going to be some debate over those two.

Aholes. Why aren't there any psychopathic murderers that happen to be fans of good old games?

DX2 was a weak mess...X3 will follow the same venue to ensure to sell down to the masses...... all the good game devs are dead, crippled, neutered by the industry or unemployed... ....

QFT

So much for being hyped up and excited about the teaser trailer...

Guess my last salvation will be Dead Space where it looks like it's actually sticking to some oldschool goodness while bringing the few good new things of today in.

Now can anyone get the PCzone DX3 scans?

Last edited: