School shooting @ Finland / Kauhajoki

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Some prick apparently wanted to do "Jokela remake" today.

Details are sketchy at the moment but apparently death count is at least 3. The gunman shot himself but his condition is not clear at the moment.

Some think this guy is the gunman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmsGM1Z1SJs

Crazy world....

//K

edit:
Gunman wounded and in custody.
He left message on a popular (by teenagers) web-portal "Massacre in Kauhajoki" and it seems that the guy on the youtube video is him.
According the the police. death count can be much higher than the 3. They are also afraid that there might be a bomb in the building (the guy carried a large bag when he entered the school). Apparently he also started a fire in one class room.

update:
http://pulshu2.no-ip.com/images/wumpscut.jpg
Screenshot from his profile on irc-gallery, which was taken down already.

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
..somehow alot of these people play CS, i wonder why:eek:..

Uhm, perhaps because CS is among the most popular shooters around? So people who have violent tendencies will most probably have played it at one time or another. I personally believe the reverse Violent Games/Films/Music theory - those things do not make violent people, but violent people are attracted to them (Note: not only violent people..); I'd rather be surprised if a school shooter wasn't a action-movie watching and CS playing guy (exept if it was a religious fanatic).

I'd rather think that playing CS was detrimental to being a school shooter - I'm still waiting for one of those CS school shooters to be arrested while trying to load his M4 by PULLING THE FORWARD ASSIST.

When will people finally learn that shooting people is something that belongs into the virtual world - and into the virtual world alone?

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
I blame Cracwhore! (Actually, he probably was Cracwhore.)

Nah, wait, Cracwhore wasn't that good of a shot.

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
I heard about it. I blame Russel Crowe, if he could be everywhere at once, that kid would have been knocked out before he got to the school gates (and subsequently tea-bagged). Yes, Russel Crowe is like Christopher Reeves or Chuck Norris, only more violent and a better accent... but without the wheel chair.

Hey wasn't the last school shooting that made international news in europe somewhere too?

P.S. I would blame CounterStrike and stylised violence too, but it's a fact that it's only since mankind has tried to better themselves and remove violence from society, that society has become truely violent. Now, less diplomacy, and more fighting to impress the women in our lives!

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
I blame Leva's polka (finnish polka?).
And by the way, where is cracwhore?