AMV's?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Seriously ... what is this whole youtube fad about making anime music videos?
First off, there's TONS of 'em. Just search for any powermetal song and the first 10 search results will be anime videos with the song pasted over it. Secondly, most are marked as their "first one, so not so good". That means there's lots of people making these things...
Last week I even encountered some comments that mentioned 'professional AMV-ers' o.0.

What's the damn attraction? :S
Is this actually an art form now, or people who take their windows movie maker skills a bit too seriously?

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
You expect what, good videos? Get off youtube and to that imaginary place where losers that upload a video everyday don't suck.

Although there is good stuff on there sometimes.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Seriously ... what is this whole youtube fad about making anime music videos?
you'll be surprised at how long this fad has been going, it's before youtube to copy and paste copyrighted commercial song they love to some random anime video clips trying to portray there's a meaning with it
pathetic imo lol

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Or even better, your searching for a particular clip of a movie and the only ones available have stupid ass alternative music over the original sound.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
What I hate the most is that the majority of AMVs have Linkin Park. I can't say I ever was into AMVs, but sometimes I enjoyed viewing whatever clips they were showcasing. It kinda sucks when they are all playing Linkin Park though :|

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
you'll be surprised at how long this fad has been going, it's before youtube to copy and paste copyrighted commercial song they love to some random anime video clips trying to portray there's a meaning with it
pathetic imo lol

I was gonna say, I know I've seen these when I was in high school and that was a good 10 years ago now.

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
like anything fan made. Made in fandom is crap, made in emotion is crap, made with thought is good. God there is billions of Gundam Wing Linkin' Park videos that could fall off the internet and no one would care. Now do it like this Armored Core Video I seen and it's good (music from the series, visuals and audio work together, and a single theme).

But that's a GMV and most AMV's don't use songs from the series. However, there was Dragon Ball Z/Kung Fu Fighting AMV that's as awesome as it is impossible to find now with all the "me too!"s around now. Also "Tainted Doughnuts" which is a Cowboy Bebop/Trigun AMV that's funny as Hell as long you don't get nitpicky.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
However, there was Dragon Ball Z/Kung Fu Fighting AMV that's as awesome as it is impossible to find now with all the "me too!"s around now.

I believe this is the one I saw in High School when a friend who was going through a DBZ phase showed it to me. That was probably one of the better things I've seen done in the name of fandom.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I'm not surprised by how long it has been going on. Hell, if they would have had movie maker back in the 1800's, people would have done it then. Oh, and they'd need anime, too, of course;)

It's more the widespread practice of it, up to where there are actual AMV-ing communities. The only reason DevArt isn't full of this **** is that they don't support video material.

It just seems so uninspired to me:S

Like taking someone else's great drawing, and putting a premade border around it in photoshop or something. Then showing it to your friends, and they have dozens of them too, and they go to websites dedicated to putting prefab borders around other people's drawings. :S

wow..that made sense:p

Granted, there are those that actually know a thing or two about video editing, and they can show off some cool stuff they did. But that's usually only cool because of the theme or audio-visual sync, or just because of cool effects.
Random clips of feminine guys beating eachother up are not fun to watch...

Last edited: