5 years is a long hiatus...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
beep...beep...beep....
-
Some old beacon left in hope for a new Infiltration

On a side note, the Infiltration page on Wikipedia is gone again.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
*re-reads last few pages to understand Pipe, action aborded due to overload of organic processor*

Yep, lets blame it on CS, it was probably some PodBot playing fan boy who's afriad of going online for fear of being gang raped... repeatably. *Looks to Pipe*

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
my best bet, a CS player would be the usual suspect ;)

Wankers....bloody wankers.

This actually proves a point..that history is written by the "winners" and a lot of things goes unforgotten. (of course, as we don't know who or why it was deleted, I might be premature...any way to find out?)

//K

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
of course, as we don't know who or why it was deleted, I might be premature...any way to find out?

Yes, you just have to take a look at the deletition log which states:
00:12, 23 July 2008 Maxim (Talk | contribs) deleted "InfiltrationMod" ‎ (Deleted because expired WP:pROD; Reason given: Fails to meet TW)

Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete&page=InfiltrationMod

And that's the link to wiki-profile page of the wank.. friendly wikipedia admin who deleted it:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Maxim

Apparently Mr. Maxim comes from Canada, likes Hockey and deleting Wikipedia pages.

WTF does "expired WP:pROD" and "Fails to meet TW" mean?

Oh, and that post should in no way encourage anyone writing angry Emails or burning crosses in front of houses of wikipedia admins. [Just the standard disclaimer in case one of you crazy NA Inf fans starts doing something odd]

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
I don't know what ``TW'' means, but I do know there are certain individuals on Wikipedia who believe that some pages are not important enough to be included, so they will just delete them ... It's a long and tiresome story / battle, but in my experience these people are just pricks, and deleting articles serves no purpose other than driving people away, *especially* in the rude and asocial way those people are doing it ...

I have long since given up on editing wikipedia, sometimes you need to fight battles to make trivial changes (As I've discovered the hard way), and some people are very unreasonable ... The Citizendium works much better.

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
And I just remembered another reason why Wikipedia sucks, it's because you need to go through 40 pages so large it bogs down the entire system before you figure out what the hell is going on, all the Wikipedia people speak in strange tongues (As we can see in the deletion message) and it's explained *somewhere*, but due to very, very bad organizing you can't find it without 4 hours of searching ...

I can't find out why the page has been deleted, and for the reasons stated above I give up ... It's just so tiresome ...

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
HMM let us see.
we could pretend to be extreme wankers for a day and (accidently) delete wikipedia, and because we were temporarily insane at that moment we can not be held responsable for it right;)

Last edited:

«]BALLISTIC[»

A.k.a ICBM
Apr 11, 2001
Holland
www.planetunreal.com
flintlock-after.jpg

many possible angles

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
That's because nobody messes with German Inf fans. They would infiltrate and take over Wikipedia in a way that Blitzkrieg would look like two snails slapping each other in slow motion with white gloves in comparison.