UT3 Ripper Lite v2 (Download + Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
rlthumb2.jpg
Ripper Lite v2

What's this then?

Ripper Lite is a "port" of the original Ripper from Unreal Tournament - a popular weapon that fires sharp blades. The most common uses of this weapon are beheading enemies and spamming corridors with the bouncing blades. This version, however, improves on my original Ripper UT3 port by following the blueprint of the original UT Ripper.

Changes in v2

• Pickup skin fixed - instead of being red, it is now silver like the weapon itself.
  • Ammo pickup tweaked - easier to identify, bigger in size and with a green plasma overlay.
  • Vehicle damage fixed/tweaked - primary fire will do more damage than secondary, but secondary is useful to knock vehicles around with.
  • Primary fire animation changed - the gun propels backwards instead of upwards, fitting more with the UT Ripper's animations.
  • Headshots tweaked - they are easier to attain, especially during online play.
  • Secondary fire tweaked - bigger blast radius but does not throw enemies so far up into the air.
  • First person model fixes - tweaked for widescreen play, plus more compatible with small weapons option.
  • Pinner blade tweaked - the stinger shard no longer shows up when enemies are pinned to walls.

Features

• Blade speed, damage and ricochet values are identical to their UT counterparts.
  • Secondary fire is now the explosive blade, again identical to the UT version.
  • Weapon firing speeds are practically the same as the UT Ripper, allowing for corridor-spamming!
  • Primary blades can decapitate enemies and pin them to walls.
  • Small size footprint: the files together total less than 400KB.
  • Hidden melee mode where you can slice enemies up at close range (headshots too!)
  • You can kill yourself with the blades...

Screenshots

Download

ripperlitev2.zip (591KB) from FileWorks.

Usage

You can use the "Ripper Lite - Replace Stinger" mutator to (surprise surprise) replace the Stinger with this new weapon. A better option, however, would be to use Epic's Weapon Replacement mutator to replace a weapon of your choice with the Ripper instead. Since whichever patch, the custom ammo pickups will now appear as well using Epic's mutator, so I would advise using it!

I hate this mutator! Where can I vent my anger?

Parser was responsible for this - you can find him at http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com

A quick note

Although it sounds evil of me, I'd like to request that this mutator isn't cooked by a 3rd party again - it's nothing personal, but from what I've read it seems the sounds weren't replaced, so the weapon makes no noise on the PS3 version, and I feel this misrepresents the quality of the mutator. When/if Epic fixes this Atrac copyright issue, I'll do a full port for the PS3 version, but I don't see any point in compromising the mutator for PS3 because if people start doing that it will give Epic less incentive to fix the compatibility issues!

.. Enjoy!

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
tried and loved it, this weapon is going to shine on HOLP maps and maps of the alike, considering how easy it is to bounce of the discs

btw, what's the map from the 2 first screenshots?

good job

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Sweet! Thanks. OMG! Wait! is that Parser? You are alive! :D

Yeah, alive, just busy!

StraTooS said:
btw, what's the map from the 2 first screenshots?

That's Tokyo Sewer by LordSimeon, you can check it out here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601775 - it has a really interesting and unique design.

WaitForTheRain said:
It would be nicer if the ripper had its own model rather than just using the translocator model.

Hence the "lite" in the title! I did do another version (with Daedalus's model for one of our mods) but it doesn't behave like the UT Ripper. Interesting fact: when I put out version 1 of this weapon around December time a lot of people didn't realise it was the translocator retextured and resized..

abiallan

Oct 31, 2008
hello

the posters are rocking...

now i am inspired a lot by those...

i jus wanna download this....

s there any free links for that...

plz if there any means.. jus post it..

thanks in advance:lol:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Use the Gameservers.net FTP if you dont want to visit an HTML middleman.

I want to see this on a fragbu :p

pipo-unreal

Jun 30, 2009
RipperLite v2 and Weapon Replacement

I run a dedicated server with RipperLite in the commandline.
It is running fine without any problems.
But if you want to use Weapon Replacement and lets say you want to replace the sniperweapon, ( and not the stinger ) the weapon pickup-place of the sniper is invisible, you don't see a thing. If you run over this spot you pickup the Ripper and the weapon becomes visible and is working as it should.
You also have 2 weapons if you pickup the stinger minigun under the button 6, but if you push the button you switch between the ripper and the stinger, without any problem.
Does anyone have this problem too ?

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Parser <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Man this looks awesome.

[Edit] Haha wow it's a translocator, as pointed out in the thread. Never would have noticed that. The skin is great.

Last edited: