Mass Effect Patch, Bonus Content Available

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Patch 1.01 for Mass Effect is now available, as is the free expansion (PC) Bring Down the Sky (thanks Blue's). Details on the patch are as follows:

• added some infrastructure support for additional downloadable content
  • updated the image of the Batarian race in the codex
  • fixed an issue where the center channel for hardware audio wouldn't play correctly sometimes
  • fixed an issue where the hardware mouse pointer would disappear when first selected
  • fixed an issue where Shepard did not auto-crouch when entering cover in some places
  • fixed a tool-tip indicating a game restart is needed before enabling hardware or software audio if the option was changed
  • fixed an issue where ambient conversation would not be heard from rear speakers sometimes
  • fixed a text string to make it clearer on how to exit a vehicle
  • fixed a text string so the tool top for dragging the map is clearer in French languages builds
  • fixed a crash running on certain multi-core AMD systems
  • fixed an issue where video RAM was not being reported properly on certain cards

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
cool, because I just finished this awesome game

too bad they didn't fix the "not cooling down" bug

****ing annoying DRM... took me 4 tries to install the add on

Last edited:

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
This game crashes a lot on diverse computers for mysterious reasons and it doesn't sound like this patch does much to address the problem. But hopefully it helps a little.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. This would probably have gone under my radar as I stopped checking for updates since it was taking so long.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Not trying to be an ass, but isn't the expansion called Bring Down the Sky? Anyway, good news and certainly will d/l.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I've been waiting for two criteria to be met before buying this game:

1) Patch that fixes the big issues people have been having.
2) $30 price tag.

Point 1 may or may not have been met, though. I was hoping for a v1.1 patch, not v1.01. D:

Maktaka

Aug 30, 2004
A quick check on their forums has revealed that this "patch" introduced multiple game-breaking bugs. Lava textures are completely absent on some machines, and others are either losing all sound entirely, or all sound is replaced by static. Guess it's back to the waiting game.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Ah, i just got Bring Down the Sky for my 360 version... oh well. Any news on more downloadable content?

I loved it, probably the best battles in the game in that little addition, must be smart Batarian AI or something or where they spawn, cause when assaulting your defending then slowly advancing until a rocket drone appears and downs one of your ream mate.

srø

#unstoppable
Jan 22, 2008
I just checked the key configuration window within the game

As did I, only to find that exiting a vehak was not mentioned. :eek:

vehaksettings.jpg

Silly me should've known that "Draw/Holster Weapon" also meant "Exit Vehak"? :(

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
Mass Effect was a great game. I just wish the side planets hadn't been so dull and lifeless. Driving the Mako around on what looks like randomly generated terrain maps, to find old Soviet style space probe number 3218 gets rather boring after awhile.

That being said, the story line and the main quest is amazing.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Mass Effect was a great game. I just wish the side planets hadn't been so dull and lifeless. Driving the Mako around on what looks like randomly generated terrain maps, to find old Soviet style space probe number 3218 gets rather boring after awhile.

That being said, the story line and the main quest is amazing.

yep, that sums it up quite well.

too bad the bonus content is just a new side planet