Uninstall UT3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uninstall UT3?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 54 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, the game has not improved at all since it was released, what is that man talking about!

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
We are simply talking about uninstalling the game.

Whatif you love the game and need the extra space? Is that complicated enough for you?

I found a solution already, so now we can really debate it properly.

When do you uninstall a game UT3?

If you have a lot of games you kind of like, but you don't even play any single one of them more than twice a month?

How organized are you as a gamer? How much of your disk space is occupied by games? How much useful applications do you have?

[VaLkyR]Assassin

Kidneythieves and Poets of The Fall Fan
Jan 20, 2008
Blackpool, England, UK
valkyrgaming.com
^ I keep games for ages until my hard drive is full - now I'm having to remove some games. I hate removing games personally as I hate waiting for them to install in the first place, so I'm right down to last 1gb of space! I'm planning on buying a huge hard drive in a few weeks though, then I can keep whatever I want!

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Yes, the game has not improved at all since it was released, what is that man talking about!

You're joking right? I'm talking in terms of player numbers, which are getting worse every day.

I am actually facing this same issue now, I just got a brand new PC and I'm debating whether or not I want UT3 on it.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
True Unreal Junkie will keep UT3 until the sequel has been out for a bit, then uninstall, always keeping at least one Unreal multiplayer title on their machine at all times. Maybe to later reinstall it for nostalgia when they get a drive big enough to blow some space doing so.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I hated UT2004 but never uninstalled it. So all I can say is somebody call the wahmublance.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I still have it installed myself. Between that, 3, 2142, and steam with all it's fun orange box goodness, my drive is pretty full as well.

Hence the reason I knew the prices on HDD's. :eek:

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Hey man.... NO dont uninstall... well... i am a teamplayer and i doubt u'd be of any use for our fun in the vctf servers... still i think the game deserves your attention. The other titles u name are 'ok' but by no means more worth ur disk space as UT3 is.

But what i dont understand is how can u BUY all these games but not have money for an extra harddisk???? Disk space these days cost next to nothing... for 20 dollar u have space for like 100 games. So i'd say sleep a night over it... and start use ur brains again! :p

Take care.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
This is probably the main thing. What if you want to uninstall UT3 in some kind of customer protest act?

Of course that require some computer parts mounting skills. I have no trouble with that, but when all your SATA II connections are used up, now that's a different story. Oh well, you might upgrade anyway and remove some old disks.

What if you are a scrounger that usually don't buy all games you play? With all the files flying around you might easily run out of disk space at any moment.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
I had left UT2KX installed 'cause I do like IG, the bots were kinda enjoyable, unfortunetly in UT3 this wasn't the case, The game itself is FINE, but LOSING at a consistant rate != Fun, offline or online. That's why it's Uninstalled.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I've been waiting to reply to this all week!

Uninstall? YES! :)

Seriously, though, if you don't even play it, what's the point? If you're waiting for some magical time in the future in which the game will actually have a following, I'm afraid you'll be waiting forever.

Patch v1.3, if it ever comes out, will NOT take the community from barren to lively.

That said, single-player games do not need to remain installed if your only concern is space. Install it, beat it, explore it some more if you want, but uninstall it soon thereafter.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
UT3... if you like it and know the community (know where to connect) and like multiplayer - keep it.

If you want to play it against bots... I'd say it's most frustrating from all UTs. Bots are just a bit smarter, but much much more precise and never shut the frack up. Very very stupid experience and because I play SP more than I'd like to compared to MP (bad connection, Insite reviewing) I know what I'm talking about. Some ppl might like taunts and "smart" bots, but for me UT or UT2004 is much more fun against bots with all their flaws.

If you want to protest, please uninstall it so Epic suddenly fixes all missing features. I'll keep it and patch it (although I doubt it will ever be as popular as it should be (if...)).

Status
Not open for further replies.