[NSFW]Awesome skill

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
It's a shame this is probably NSFW :(
In any case, what are your thoughts when you look at this image?

[SCREENSHOT]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/dubdesign/BuF/151912_1188045486_large.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
I would bet you wouldn't think this image is completely 3D (model and environment) and made by one man.
I think it would fool most people. Amazing lighting and attention to detail.
You can check out more details about this image here. There are some interesting .mov files which show the model and room in rotation.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I can tell its fake based on certain areas. For example the lower right foot, there is no shadow on the floor. There is a bit of faint noise on the leggings, and the black outline is kind of fuzzy almost as if the spotted floor was blurring it or something.

I think its a lot of good photoshop, and probably little, if any, 3d. There are certain areas that are too clean to be any real 3d work, especially the face. Any 3d face in that lighting would look horrid, but this has too much precise detail.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
The shoulders seem semi photoshopped aswell as the bra strap, so this is a picture of a teacher? And they just photoshopped the body on? Interesting, I wonder if the face is in the original picture too.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I can tell its fake because I read the spoiler section. I'm making up some reasons that didn't at all occur to me when I first looked at the picture and all of my conjuncture is incorrect.

Fixed.

Check out the link he included, there are wireframes and short movies of the room and the model. It's entirely 3D and while there are a few things that don't PERFECTLY gel with what I would expect, I've seen plenty of photographs that I've thought that about as well.

~Jason

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
I can tell its fake based on certain areas. For example the lower right foot, there is no shadow on the floor. There is a bit of faint noise on the leggings, and the black outline is kind of fuzzy almost as if the spotted floor was blurring it or something.

I think its a lot of good photoshop, and probably little, if any, 3d. There are certain areas that are too clean to be any real 3d work, especially the face. Any 3d face in that lighting would look horrid, but this has too much precise detail.

Actually, its all 3d. I saw this probably a year ago on CGTalk. The guy's work is fantastic.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Fixed.

Check out the link he included, there are wireframes and short movies of the room and the model. It's entirely 3D and while there are a few things that don't PERFECTLY gel with what I would expect, I've seen plenty of photographs that I've thought that about as well.

~Jason

I didn't click the link because I didn't see it. In the spoiler tags its all black so I thought it was just an extra long space/typo.

I'm not an idiot when it comes to CG graphics and I know what to look for. I was wrong in this case sure, but I didn't pull all that stuff out of my butt just to sound smart.

Last edited: