UT3 Makes Me Angry

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Who's the Immature Individual that committed this Hate Crime :rolleyes:

Picture007.jpg
You mean buying ut3?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Working through this BU.

There was actually one time when I closed the game, clearly in OnyxCoast. The Leviathan isn't really as powerful as it supposed to be and those damn DarkWalkers appear quickly and pwn me.

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
When you get the levi just drive it to the right of your prime node and park it at the start of the ramp which holds the beserk powerup. It leaves you less vulenrable to vipers and darkwalkers as they will be distracted by your team mates and since you're closer to the nodes quite often a team mate will just Avril any pesky vipers near your levi. If they all persist in attacking the levi your team will be able to take their prime node. Or if they ignore the levi then just deploy the cannon and repeatedly fire at their prime node.:D

Also, I don't know if it's something that's only been made possible by the most recent patch, but if you centre the levi cannon's beam on the body of a darkwalker, fury etc. for a small amount of time, even if they move the explosion still ends up being centred at that point. In most cases it becomes a one hit kill.

Last edited:

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
I just remind my self that games aren't perfect especially Condemned 2 UT3 next and Half Life for its long stupid ass story.

Judge Dredd Lox

"Bread and butter" my ass!
Feb 12, 2008
The thing that makes me angry is the servers running the ping compensators. I can't understand it. These bastardized software programs that are trying to "mimick" lag DO NOT WORK PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All they are doing is giving the upper hand to a select few people with high pings and SCREWING those with low pings. It is not the same as lag, not comparable to lag, not even remotely close to lag. Just about everyone who plays on one of these servers bitches about it. Why not just let the people with the "real" lag deal with it? Sorry. Do they make ridilin for adults?

weem

Nov 18, 2004
www.clan-outsiders.co.uk
UT3 doesn't make me angry..but when I open up the server browser and see only a handful of servers, it makes me sad. :(

Yeah - UT3 killed my clan (which had been going for 7 years). Half the clan hated it and the other half couldnt play it.

Thats progress for ye.

I'm sure i'll get over it though - i wont be throwing myself off a bridge anytime soon as a result.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Yikes

So after taking a sabbatical with UT3 I forgot how frustrating this game can be. Here are my gripes:

Playing at 600*480 resolution makes enemies hard to spot. **** YOU MOTHER****ERS WHO CAN'T BE SHOT AT!!!

My mouse doesn't turn fast enough at certain times. I'm definitely turning up the resolution. STUPID PERSON WHO JUST WENT BEHIND ME GYARRRGH!

Getting killed by average bots. GO TO HELL AND DIE AVERAGE BOT!

Low frame-rates. OH SURE, GO KILL ME WHEN I HAVE .5 FRAMES PER SECOND YOU ASS!

So yeah, I can't wait to return to my better computer. But recently I've slammed my fist down on my desk repeatedly, punched my computer screen, and have done a little bit of swearing.

Thankfully I've learned to exit the game when I get too pissed off at it, so that's good :)

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Oo I only get extremely whiny when I rlly don't have my day and can't aim, but I can remember days going back 12 years where I litterally smashed my computer because it crashed that often :p

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
So after taking a sabbatical with UT3 I forgot how frustrating this game can be. Here are my gripes:

Playing at 600*480 resolution makes enemies hard to spot. **** YOU MOTHER****ERS WHO CAN'T BE SHOT AT!!!

My mouse doesn't turn fast enough at certain times. I'm definitely turning up the resolution. STUPID PERSON WHO JUST WENT BEHIND ME GYARRRGH!

Getting killed by average bots. GO TO HELL AND DIE AVERAGE BOT!

Low frame-rates. OH SURE, GO KILL ME WHEN I HAVE .5 FRAMES PER SECOND YOU ASS!

So yeah, I can't wait to return to my better computer. But recently I've slammed my fist down on my desk repeatedly, punched my computer screen, and have done a little bit of swearing.

Thankfully I've learned to exit the game when I get too pissed off at it, so that's good :)

Wait... You get killed by Average bots? Experienced, maybe, because that's when they start wallhacking [I think], but ... Average?

end0rphine

Jun 27, 2008
Dude i ****in rage when I play unreal. I hate losing. I'll throw ****, punch my keyboard like an idiot and just get pissed. But i'm always sure to leave a friendly 'gg' at the end.

solution: smoke pot and drink beer while you are playing, make sure all of the lights in the room are off and nobody is there to break your concentration because this is serious business...

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
No Trynant, your not the only one. I don't have it installed cause the the enjoyment of playing Vs. My temper wasn't worth it.

Then playing people better than JD was just retarded. (Sorry JD :( )

$hagratH

Jan 24, 2008
No, not because of any of its flaws.

I'm talking about pure, unadulterated frustration during gameplay. I get angry when I lose a team deathmatch with bots. I get angry when a warfare match in campaign mode goes horribly astray. I get angry at being run-over and over in Warfare online. And boy did I get angry when I was playing a 2v1 CTF match and nearly, but didnt, get the flag home.

This frustration has led to me throwing mouses, trying to strangle my monitor, and even losing some skin from bashing my hand on my desk (some of my pinky got stuck in my mouse and it ripped off some flesh). Thusly I rather enjoy spectating matches more than dealing with frustrating encounters.

I do have fun with the game, but some times I get very, very, very angry.

Does anyone else get angry at UT3, or any other game? Any advice for a person who likes the game but doesn't want to bite a hand off from playing it?

i really think you need to go and talk to a psykdoctor or something to learn to controll your anger,,you can be a danger to yourself
its just a game m8,,not the world championchips your playing
good luck with your temper,,stay calm
and remember,,its just a GAME:D

Princess_Die

Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned
Feb 22, 2006
The only thing that gets me pissed is when jackass orb runners on my team completely ignore the flood node on WAR-Floodgate. Like when our team has the countdown node and it is at 20 seconds remaining, the orb runner is 5 seconds from the countdown node on hoverboard and could protected it to release the flood, but instead idiotically takes the orb to the heavily guarded center node and get fragged. Of course by then the enemy orb runner has capped the countdown node with 5 seconds remaining. And then another jackass on my team decides to try to pickup the dropped orb at the heavily guarded center node and starts the orb time out yet again instead of letting it time out.

Repeat over and over again and see Princess get really angry.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Ok ok ok sorry, didn't mean to start a flame war. X____X

Someone on another thread just said that whenever they see my user name, "neilthecellist" they read it as "nihilist". Maybe that's why everyone takes what I say as a flame. (I'm actually Neil.... who happens to be a CELLIST, as in I play the CELLO)

Anyway, now that I think of it, TDM gets me killed on Skilled (no rhyme intended). Weird, plus I always win the matches if I play the round with ONLY the impact hammer (also very weird). No, I'm serious. Try it yourself.

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
Take it!

Stop taking the game so seriously. :p Just have fun and mess around in it. Don't expect to always "win". It's not like the bots have it out for you and your life depends on scoring the winning point.

Play to have fun; not to "win" or "lose".

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Oh, I'm definitely not playing to win (or lose), just to have fun shooting people. That doesn't stop me from getting annoyed greatly by random peeves. Like trying to navigate the ledges of DM-Bagger and failing miserably all the time :(

And Neilthecellist, I didn't take your post as a flame, just as an excuse to show how annoyed I get when killed by an average bot. GHAARGH!

EDIT: In a way, the amount of anger I get out of playing this game is rather a compliment to how engaging the game really is...unless I end up breaking my laptop...

Last edited: