1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Makes Me Angry

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Trynant, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

It's because you're shooting at blue dots, not player models.

Seems UT3 has the "minimode" mutator enabled by default....

2. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

No, it's a remnant of the copy-pasted UT2004 code they used to build the game. Player model size was exactly the same at launch. I think they made them bigger by 10% in one of the patches, but I can't remember.

Still, they're not UT-sized, and that does indeed suck. Since UT2003 it's been a game of angry midgets shooting other angry midgets. :p

3. BobTheBeheader

BobTheBeheader New Member

4. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I thought it was more along the lines of:

[​IMG]

5. Zer0

Zer0 .

TENTACLES D:

6. Bishop F Gantry

Bishop F Gantry New Member

So how do you manage to get SOD from UT3?:lol:

7. Hyrage

Hyrage New Member

It's exactly what I first thought when I bought the game. Since that time, I played several hours at Adept because I couldn't handle better bots, but I became strong enough to go over that and play at Masterful.

I quickly moved from Masterful to Godlike and now, since the last week I'm playing at Godlike.

What I can tell is, no... these bots aren't perfect at Godlike and Epic did an incredible job on that point because it's so easy to make a PERFECT bot that always aim perfectly.

What I'm trying to explain is, even at Godlike, the bots are making mistakes, but rarely go over 2 mistakes in a row (missing shots with the snipe by example). I handle pretty much every Face to Face with Godlike bots, but when it comes down to 1 vs 2... ouch, it hurts.

Yes it's tough, but it's not less fun for that. There is huge step, more like around two or three, between having fun at Adept and having fun at Godlike. However, I must admit that I rarely go in the Top 5 of a match on that difficulty VS 12 bots.

master your Enforcer Snipe and Shock Rifle combo, makes life easier If you are a well born killer with the rocket, it helps a lot. If you greatly manage strategical traps with the bio rifle you can also do very well, but better learn the usual both pathing of them maps for that. Personaly, I must improve my aiming skill with both Snipe and the Enforcer, but I'm mostly better with slower weapon like the rocket, but if your are skilled at anticipateing things... slower weapons are the best for you.

I made several face to face against Godlike bots where I saw the other bot and me shooting at each other's Shock Rifle secondary attack like if we were shooting down our bullets like pros... Crazy moments I must say... giving a weird feeling of "WTF!!? How the hell we coud do that?".

How many of us are playing at Godlike?
    I'm very curious about that one.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  8. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Lucky you. I'm still somewhat frustrated with UT3, and am losing motivation to finish my map. The only thing that brings me back is the graphics, and quite honestly, if it weren't for graphics, I'd go back to UT2004.

9. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

See A Therapist.

10. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

See a typist.

11. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

>:[_____________________]

12. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

This thread makes me angry.

13. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

14. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

It mildly annoys me that this thread is still being bumped. But eh, let it go whereever it goes.