Sound Not Working + Other Stuff

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jhaxavier

Mar 15, 2008
Hi there,

I got this mod reinstalled just today and everything works great except for the fact that I have absolutely no sound at all. Nothing in the menu, in game, anything. I think it might have to do something with those sound drivers I installed with INF but I don't know. :(

I'm using Creative Sound Blaster Live! for my sound, and I'm pretty sure I've completely updated the drivers.

Also, I have been having a lot of trouble getting weapon deployment to work...I load the mutator and console in: "set input n mutdodeploy" and nothing happens...am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help guys. :)

Carpetsmoker

Nexus-6
Jan 20, 2008
Netherlands
arp242.net
Does the sound work at all? Does the sound work in Unreal Tournament?
You may also want to post your infiltration.log found in your System/ directory.

Also, I have been having a lot of trouble getting weapon deployment to work...I load the mutator and console in: "set input n mutdodeploy" and nothing happens...am I doing something wrong?

This command binds the key 'n' to the command 'mutdodeploy', so you will need to press the key n for anything to happen.
Also, you can only deploy a weapon if it's resting on something ... You can't deploy a weapon in thin air...

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
what sound driver do you use ?
open al can be a problem for some
try using the galaxy audio driver instead [open console and type preferences]
than look for the sound device section and change your driver galaxy audio

Jhaxavier

Mar 15, 2008
Does the sound work at all? Does the sound work in Unreal Tournament?
You may also want to post your infiltration.log found in your System/ directory.

The sound works fine in Unreal Tournament, lol I played that for a while, it was pretty fun. Anyway, what sections of my infiltration.log should I post, it's too damn large :eek:

This command binds the key 'n' to the command 'mutdodeploy', so you will need to press the key n for anything to happen.
Also, you can only deploy a weapon if it's resting on something ... You can't deploy a weapon in thin air...

Yeah, I've done that and hit deploy, yet nothing happens or it just doesn't tell me if the weapon has been deployed. Is there any console commands that you have to do before setting input for mutators or do you just have to load the mut with MultiMut then set the input?

EDIT: Found out why it's not working; the mutator wasn't even loaded (it said so in preferences). How do I get muts loaded to a server I make; they say they are used in the MultiMut function of the menu when if you check the preferences I'm only stuck with two.

what sound driver do you use ?
open al can be a problem for some
try using the galaxy audio driver instead [open console and type preferences]
than look for the sound device section and change your driver galaxy audio

Yes, I installed OpenAL as part of the INF install. Alright, I'll try that...

Last edited:

Jhaxavier

Mar 15, 2008
Sound's working now. Must have been the drivers, thanks guys. :D

However, the mutators still have me baffled. I can't get them to load when I make a local mission. :(

Jhaxavier

Mar 15, 2008
Now that I did. I know some of the muts work, as AimedPistols and whatever that zoom one is called, but it seems the deploy mut doesn't.