your perfect idea of an unreal 1 remake

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Look at what 'Legend of Vandora team did with CTF Avali, CTF Naelir and ONS Valarna. They created thge look of Na Pali perfectly in UT2k4.

THen look at 'Rrajigar' mines, the official map in UT2k4, although its not a bad map, it looks nothing like the Rrajigar from the original Unreal, the visual style is just completely different!

Unreal 3, should mostly take the free roaming, exploring style of Unreal, exploring planets and what not, but most of the rest would have to updated, making the game completely like the original, would make it feel dated.

Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
zynthetic said:
If you ask me Epic should enlist some of the talent that's been keeping the sp mod scene alive. The content is only bound to grow and improve if these ppl, creating this stuff already out of hobby, actually get paid. These are the ppl that are in touch w/ the community and want to create something true to the universe but unique enough to stand out and be remembered.

So, you're saying you would like Epic to pay you. :p

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Why not?, Anybody whos played Deja vu, 7bullets, ONP and Xidia, know of the excellent quality of mapping on those mods, some of the maps far exceed anything Epic/DE ever produced, ONP was particualy innovative with the limited tech it had. If Unreal 3 is ever made, I'd think it fitting members of the community were hired to work on it, or at least one of the big Unreal mapping teams went professional to make that game!

Jofo

Apr 11, 2006
How 'bout the unreal, completely redone(not a new set), with better graphics, with maps I hear should have been in there, with more creature variety to match with the planet, with a forest level that actually feels like a forest, with better story, and with the people actually ALIVE!! SO you can interact with them, talk, and so they can accompany you. Maybe a hint of betrayal drama or something :)

And probably some more but thats the most important.

Jofo

Apr 11, 2006
you sure delacroix? cause I got it and its a dev kit with a demo map.

I would like to see eh.. a lava plane area where i get to fight a few guardians.. oh yea! remember that underground lava cave? like that just bigger much bigger. use Unreal's huge plane creating ability to make a gigantic desert where you can get lost. maybe a desert city and what not. Combine a bunch of maps! to make a huge desert map! then a waste land, heck yea. Enemy bases need to be a bit more properly scaled, not too much fancy door borderings, that just makes you think "too much work on that" and it usually doesn't match the building. You = tiny and enemy = bigger cause thats what the unreal made me feel like and thats what i think is missing. And the nali was truly bigger than you, much bigger.