You want Payne I'll give you Pain!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
maxpayne.gif

13.jpg

12.jpg

06.jpg

IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS GAME DO IT NOW

I have played through the whole thing, and it was deffinatlly worth the cash I payed for it!! :D This is gamming at its best! :)

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS GAME DO IT NOW

I have played through the whole thing, and it was deffinatlly worth the cash I payed for it!! This is gamming at its best!
"bought"? "payed"?
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with these words.

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Well the developers cheated their programmers out of their money. The programmers and artists work for years making the game itself, and then the company steals their product that they made and sells it and takes the money for itself, and reimburses the workers only a fraction of the value of the product that they made. So the developers can go to hell.

Well the developers cheated their programmers out of their money. The programmers and artists work for years making the game itself, and then the company steals their product that they made and sells it and takes the money for itself, and reimburses the workers only a fraction of the value of the product that they made. So the developers can go to hell.

for one a Developer is a programer, Artists, mappdevelopers, ect. I'll assume you mean Publisher.

two. your attempting to legitmizing stealing from these developers by saying they where "cheated". YOU don't pay for the game THEY don't get paied. so YOU are cheating them. NOT the publishers.

how the publisher dose get a significant cut for providing capital, boxes, shipping, marketing, ect. which IMO is to much for the work the developers do. but I do pay for my games.

by your definition Rouge Leader, not only did the game company get cheated by the publisher, you are cheated them to. people like you are the reasons why good companies like Cavedog, and Looking Glass studios went under
:mad:

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
When I say developers I mean the companies that rip off their workers. Those workers don't get paid squat anyway. Its called "capitalism". The companies, and publishers as well, stole their work and sold it. If someone tried to sell you property you knew was stolen, would you buy it? And by the way, there is no such thing as a good company. A company definitionally exist to steal the property of its workers.

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
No, I'm stealing from the people who stole the game. The game is no longer in possesion of those who made it, it has been stolen by the company. I fail to see how you can claim it is wrong for me to steal but great for the company to.

And your analogy is completely wrong. Its more like, telling a thief he stole his property and then stealing it from him. A baker actually sells the fruits of his labor and gets his money for it. The programmers don't get that.

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
No, let me explain this, and because I'm bored and havn't insulted anyone lately, I'm going to be unnecessarily condescending, so its nothing personal :D

Meet Mr. Programmer Monkey :y5:
He and the other creatures of Animal Land have taught themselves to program games. Mr. Programmer Monkey decides to work for Microsoft and its CEO Duck Bill Platapus Gates, making a product called Yet Another Crappy Simulator 2001. Mr. Programmer Monkey spends a thousand hours working on the product. Finally, the final build of Yet Another Crappy Simulator is compiled. Duck Bill Platapus Gates takes the product that Mr. Programmer Monkey and puts it on sale for $50 each, and it sells 100,000 copies. That gives Duck Bill Platapus Gates $5,000,000 for a product he didn't make. Meanwhile, Mr. Programmer Monkey gets payed $10 an hour; for working 1000 hours, 8 hours a day (thats about half a year), he gets $10,000. But his product that he made earned $5,000,000. That means that evil Duck Bill Platapus Gates stole $4,990,000 from Mr. Programmer Monkey. Now Mr. Programmer Monkey only gets $20,000 that year. Because of that, Mrs. Programmer Monkey leaves him, and he has to abandon his to Programmer Monkey children. That means his children have to go out into animal land and steal for food. But one day, the police dogs spot those monkeys in a Rabbit neigborhood. Its a well known fact that Monkeys are nothing but trouble, so the police dogs shoot them, and while still alive they beat them for fun. The police dogs are promoted for saving the Rabbits. Meanwhile, Mr Programmer Monkey goes hungry and blows his own head off, bringing end to a tortured soul of Animal Land. Now, this story could be changed slightly. Instead of buying the game, the people could steal it. Mr. Programmer Monkey already got his limited compensation for what Duck Bill Platapus Gates stole. But now, the evil Duck Bill Platapus Gates gets nothing. This time, its he he blows his own head off, bringing happiness to all the creatures of Animal Land.

So you see, I am actually saving animal land, err America, by not buying games.

that is retared... (no offence, really :p )

I am and my friends decide to make a game. we are broke college kids, but we got skillz. so we work on the game and promo it to a big company like Epic Megagames, GT interactive, ect. they like our game, and agree to fund our operation, as long as they get a good chunk of the profits. we agree. we work on the game, and get rave review by all the website. the public loves our game! the game hits the streets. but dose not sell? what happend? well most people got it on a warez channel or borrowed it from a friend. me and my friends lost MOST of our money we DO get from the games Sales to the publisher. and becasue of such poor sells they will not fund our game. we are out on the street and we are forced to get jobs as making 3D animation for ads, codeing for a business, or drawing ads for frootloopz.

remember Theif? rember every one said they loved that game?
funny sales did not show that...

remember Total Annhiliation? same sad story...

big bussness still gets there cut. the only loser here is the game develper.

DON'T STEAL GAMES

RogueLeader

Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
A good chunk of your profits...more like a vast majority of it. The game developers are the people who get their money here. Their payment doesn't depend on sales. The income of the company does. The company is the only entity that loses out.

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
I tend to D/L most of the games on the market.. and I decide it's good enough, I support the company and go out and buy it.

dude, I have done MANY reports on Game Design. back when you where still a Jr. Hight brat :p

most companies get a cut.

SOME companies pay saliries. unless the studio is IN HOUSE.

which Remedy (creators of Max Payne) is not.

you always talk about how you get screwed by "the man" get real. the only person gettting screwed is the game developer. why? becasues your to damn cheap to buy his game :p

no can we get back on topic??