Xsa1 opens its doors...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Even thou it's not completed I feel that it will never be since utxmp is so different from u2xmp I can't write a source of information that covers both, it was going to be my personal contribution to the community but I guess that's not gonna happen. Anyhow if you want to take a peak at it since I've been working on it for a long long time. The Basics section is like 99% completed, just missing some screens out while the Advanced and Others section is far from completed and probably never will be. But I might give it some writing here and there to satisfy my own ego sometime in the future :).

(temp) Linkage and Screen:

http://hem.bredband.net/overcruel/xsa1

xsa1.jpg

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Nice site :tup:

Some very useful info on there, for new and experienced players

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Excellent. Perhaps, if you are keen on finishing it quicker, you could accept contributions to the information? That way everybody can donate their own expert tips.

Up to you of course, but as it stands it's already very good.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Of course I could accept contributions, then it would be parts of information that fits into my Advanced Knowledge categories. Those are:

Adv Class Use. Includes tips for how a class should handle another, also stuff like rangers bunny jump, gunners tripmine and concussionjumps etc. I would also like to list here all weapons exact damage etc, well about everything you can think of conserning classes that I didn't write in the basics section.

Adv Field knowledge. A huge list of where you can slide make boostjumps to reach higher grounds and other speciall jumps for each class, should include a picture with arrows on it marking how to jump etc.)

Adv Tactics. If youre into clangaming and want to share some common sense when it comes to place up lineups and some effective moveouts, you know what I mean.

Map info Here im going to create maps for each map, name the different areas objects and write a little about them, nothing speciall.

??? Everything that I missed out that could be neat to know.

I will probably start to work and complete these myself since my love for u2xmp still stands strong :) but this is my plan, still, if anyone feels like they could contribute with some info, I'll gladly accept it and put your name as the author.

Abaddon

From The Abyss
Jan 20, 2005
www.high-on-coffee.org
Adv Class Use. Includes tips for how a class should handle another, also stuff like rangers bunny jump, gunners tripmine and concussionjumps etc. I would also like to list here all weapons exact damage etc, well about everything you can think of conserning classes that I didn't write in the basics section.
Adv Field knowledge. A huge list of where you can slide make boostjumps to reach higher grounds and other speciall jumps for each class, should include a picture with arrows on it marking how to jump etc.)

Firstly, great job on the site ID, Im sure this will help many people who will play xmp or are currently playing. Maybe, however, the advanced field knowledge is a little too much to undertake to write about, i mean for a start in our video is just a small selection of slope jumps, if we go in game i can show you another hundred little tricks to help someone move faster across a specific map or even more slope/wall tricks, maybe its a little much to write about them "all".

However I admire the effort you are putting into this project and if there is any way that i can help please count me in. As you know i can help with wall, slope, concussion, tripmine jumping and also movement across maps :), just slap me in irc if you want me to contribute.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Hehe yes I understand what you mean, there are maybe 100 spots on a map where you can gain height if you boostjump towards them, I will only pin point those of more importance, those who are really usefull and will come in handle. Well if you want a job of course I can give you one hehe, I'll talk to you later.

The_Daishi

Jan 23, 2004
Special Jump is VERY usefull!!

OK, special jump from the cloud island on alcazar.

Stand up there and defend the energy, if on of the other ground generators gets taken, jump in a raptor and point it at the energy. Driver, boost, fly.

Look down and watch the ground. When you're nearly at the floor, get out.
Your velocity will be zero, the raptor gets written off and you land gently with your jets right near the gen. The other guy has probably left and you just take the gen back, simple.

Run back up the top, rinse and repeat.

But I bet id doesn't work in UTXMP, what with real physics and everything...
I hope it does, it's my favorite trick, the dropship.

Dai.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
The_Daishi said:
Quite amusingly, the raptor takes damage in the clouds, before landing on its wheels and surviving perfectly. This will be fixed though.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
The_Daishi said:
OK, special jump from the cloud island on alcazar.

Stand up there and defend the energy, if on of the other ground generators gets taken, jump in a raptor and point it at the energy. Driver, boost, fly.

Look down and watch the ground. When you're nearly at the floor, get out.
Your velocity will be zero, the raptor gets written off and you land gently with your jets right near the gen. The other guy has probably left and you just take the gen back, simple.

Run back up the top, rinse and repeat.

Dai.

Daishi, you've been away from the u2xmp community far too long, that is a really old trick, but thanks for your effort :D.

By the way, if anyone cares, Abaddon has offered me his help with completing the site and he's doing a great job already! If we keep this up the site might be finished in maybe a month, perhaps less :)

Last edited:

The_Daishi

Jan 23, 2004
iddQd said:
Daishi, you've been away from the u2xmp community far too long, that is a really old trick, but thanks for your effort :D.

Ah yes, but I found it first! 'twas just a long long (looooooooooong) time ago :D

It should still be added though!

(On another note, UT2K4 is bought, UTXMP is downloaded. All I have to do is go home (only 60 miles tonight, woo!) make some deliveries, eat, tidy, iron, do some paper work, find my driving license, install it all, make it work and then I get to play again! yay! What are people using to find UTXMP servers?)

Dangerous Dai.

KillaALF

Mar 9, 2004
The_Daishi said:
(On another note, UT2K4 is bought, UTXMP is downloaded. All I have to do is go home (only 60 miles tonight, woo!) make some deliveries, eat, tidy, iron, do some paper work, find my driving license, install it all, make it work and then I get to play again! yay! What are people using to find UTXMP servers?)

Dangerous Dai.

The ingame server browser. It's just that noone is playing it, U2XMP is still going strong OTOH.

Oh and "iddqd" is the godmode cheat in Doom 1/2, IIRC.

Duke_D

as bad as i wanna be...
Aug 13, 2004
london, uk
I'm back from closet

phew.... it was dark in there....
but i'm back....to continue where i've left it.....

good work, iddqd!!! :tup:
i'll try to contribute a bit...had a stash of useful gameplay info...
if only i could find it now.....hmmm , letsee, search....searching...

nice to see ppl still care bout this game.....

cya

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, we will do our best to finish this project. Right now it seemes that the content will grow like twice the current size, so it's really going to be a huge u2xmp database!

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
The_Daishi said:
I've been using the ingame browser.

Don't expect to find loads of full servers, most of the community are waiting for the next patch. There are still a few issues that make it frustrating to play, and it doesn't seem worth doing any bug hunting, as FMI already have a huge list to work on

The_Daishi said:
iddqd is very familiar. What is that? That's not just random letters is it?
It was one of the cheat codes for Doom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.