Wosrt screenshot thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Uncle_Bob said:
Do you think there should be something warning people not to submit there very first map unless its very very good or at least a decent attempt. It would only be a warning mind you as you don't want to put everyone off.
I think people have been warned, time and time again, but it just doesn't sink in. If they want to continue with stupidity; let them.

Let's get back to screenies...

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
AS-UnknownCube

NeoNite said:
About dm-cubicalwars:

a comment from ze thread:

Carny:

Things I Liked
-The lighting. "etc..etc.."

---

Did I miss something.. what lighting?
Here's a screenie to celebrate the lack of lighting. I think, for the next few days or weeks, all my screenshot thread posts must follow a "cube" theme.
as-unknowncubess0.jpg

This map got a mixed response from the people......

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
"Trows" screenshot thread: DM-Cube

I liked this movie. In my opinion it was an intense psychological experience. This 40 meg download was generally not well received by users. The review was fair enough.
dm-cubess0.jpg

dmcube_th.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Owrst screenshot thread: DM-ChanceCube

sandorski said:
Cubicalwars is actually a neat Map. Unfortunetly it needs some kind of Mod to make it playable along with some new Gametype. It was a pain trying to fly through it.
You're a bit late sandorski. That whole nasty episode is over, at least it is for me. Preferably I would like to move on and not prolong discussion on that subject.

I'm about here now:
dm-chancecubess0.jpg

ChanceCube2.JPG

This map got two comments. One from someone who didn't play the map and another from someone who, rightly, told them that it was pointless them rating a map they hadn't played.

If you want to go on about DM-Cubical Wars feel free. But could you please start another thread on it?

And leave me the hell out of it.......

Additional helpful comment: In fact the thread should be under user reviews. This is for screenshot fun........

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Otrws screenshot thread: DOM-Wasteland

In my opinion this map took DOM in UT99 to a new level. It pushed scale in a way that would become the norm with the UT2K* engine.

Obviously from the screenshot the mapper had taken their time to plan the layout. In fact, the screenshot is the plan and not a screenshot at all.
dom-wastelandss0.jpg

I agree with Prophet's review as I'm fan of big scale mappage myself. His screenie doesn't really give much away about the map.
Waste_th.JPG

Anyone who likes oldskool DOM and/or big maps who hasn't tried this should probably give it a look; IN MY OPNION.

Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Manticore said:
In my opinion this map took DOM in UT99 to a new level. It pushed scale in a way that would become the norm with the UT2K* engine.

Obviously from the screenshot the mapper had taken their time to plan the layout. In fact, the screenshot is the plan and not a screenshot at all.
dom-wastelandss0.jpg

I agree with Prophet's review as I'm fan of big scale mappage myself. His screenie doesn't really give much away about the map.
Waste_th.JPG

Anyone who likes oldskool DOM and/or big maps who hasn't tried this should probably give it a look; IN MY OPNION.

The plan as a screenshot, intersting. I think screenshots like that can work well but only if you post two other ones with it showing the actual level. And not just a brick wall or something. I might try this at some point. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Dm-Nalichurch:

Poor bastards... having to go through this day after day after day..
Once they're inside they pray to the godess vandora for a better church. A real church, with a shrubbery.. a nice garden... etc

Vandora, plz, help them poor nali.

Dm-metalarena:

Dm-nalicoutpost:

So this is where they send the naughty nali?
Poor sobs. I mean, I'm sure it'll only take one day max. before "THEY SHALL REPENT"!!!!

I'm sure many a nali have gone berserk in said outpost.
After 10 seconds.. max..

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
:-(
That one reminds me of an abomination of monsterhunt level.
It just went on, hallways and rooms decorated with the same shanchurch textures. Used in an incredible tasteless manner...

The horror, it just went on and on!!!!
:-(