Wosrt screenshot thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[RAGE]Ghostwheel

Aug 20, 2004
LOL this custom avatar is from my days on the AC/DC forum yrs ago FOOL, and yes it could be constructive if it got even one of you 1337 dorks to look at what others say without labeling them idiots first.

ChromeBallz

Ballz of Chrome
Aug 10, 2004
chromeballz.fluxxnet.nl
First, i'm not a dork. You only know me from a few words i have written here on NC.
Second, i'm not 1337. My mapping isn't a success (yet) and i'm not an ace-ut player either. I'm not even good at being a dork, if i ever would ahve been one.

This already makes what i say true in your own opinion.

Third, your own post seems to indicate that those so-called 1337 dorks are right, given the lack of arguments you give to back up your claims to be "better" than the people who you think insult you, whatever that may mean.
Fourth, custom avatar or not, wether you ahve ti for a long time or not: You DID take the trouble to set it up.

It was already asked, but i'll ask it again: Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrit?

Last edited:

[RAGE]Ghostwheel

Aug 20, 2004
OMG, I took 2 minutes of my time to register here, click use custom avatar an paste a link to it. As far as knowing what a hypocrit is, well I'm not sure, is that someone who in the same post says "I only encourage mappers to keep mapping" and then says "If you stop mapping it will only make us happy" Frieza. Or is it a reviewer that claims to be donating his free time to helping amature mappers make good fun maps to play, starting his review of a map " This scares the Prophet" or refering to the author bieng on acid when he made it, this input by Mistress Prophet is what I think is hypocritical, but maybe I'm wrong.

I have said all I can say about this site. Its up to you dudes to make things better, not every map thats fun to play has to look super-kewl too, start thinking about what the UT community wants and not what a few arogant dudes think.

[RAGE]Ghostwheel said:
OMG, I took 2 minutes of my time to register here, click use custom avatar an paste a link to it. As far as knowing what a hypocrit is, well I'm not sure, is that someone who in the same post says "I only encourage mappers to keep mapping" and then says "If you stop mapping it will only make us happy" Frieza. Or is it a reviewer that claims to be donating his free time to helping amature mappers make good fun maps to play, starting his review of a map " This scares the Prophet" or refering to the author bieng on acid when he made it, this input by Mistress Prophet is what I think is hypocritical, but maybe I'm wrong.

I have said all I can say about this site. Its up to you dudes to make things better, not every map thats fun to play has to look super-kewl too, start thinking about what the UT community wants and not what a few arogant dudes think.

I think it is obvious to everyone that you don't care about any amature mappers getting help with mapping. Just say it, we all know already. You got your feelings hurt because of a review I gave you a year ago and you've lurked around this site ever since to occasionally sneak in snide comments about the site and the people in it all because someone didn't find a lame 10 brush map even remotely interesting. You could have gotten over it but instead you became infectiously bitchophrenic and missed the whole point of that review...that everything about the map was flawed. I'm not gonna sit here and explain to you all the time and effort I put into helping learning mappers out because you don't care. If I could go back in time and re-review DM-1on1-Turbine I would...because I would encourage you not to map since you obviously can't handle feedback that is negative and hence, you would have never made much of a mapper even if you wanted to. Plenty of mappers have gotten worse comments than you, including me. Instead of having a hissy fit about it, those people kept mapping.

I doubt this is the last time you will respond to this site, people like you generally hang around even though they keep saying how lame this place is. You know those bruised housewives that keep going back to their abusive husbands, even though they get beaten 24/7? That is you. You obvioiusly have nothing better to do than come on some net chat forum and pick a fight. Dorks? Losers? Fools? Uh Huh...

And don't try to pretend like you have a vague idea what the hell this community likes. Arrogant mappers. If you had any notion of gameplay you'd know that we don't review maps here based soley on graphics. That would be lame, there is always an even split between looks and gameplay in all our reviews. Someone like you wouldn't understand this because you don't actually read our reviews, you just exist here because you don't like me and a few other people here. Your map had bad visuals and even worse gameplay. If your map had anything worth talking about OR if I saw anything worth encouraging than I would have. That is why your DM-BioWhatever map got a mroe detailed review, because those things I did see. If I am arrogant about anything it certainly ain't my mapping, anyone will tell you that. Look through my total list of reviews and you'll see the vast majority are helpful, detailed reviews.

I review mostly as a gamer, and your map wasn't fun. So either stop crying about it like a loser or suck it up and keep mapping...it's been a year already and still you lurk around here whining like a floppy co<k. You ever think that the enormous amounts of people who glanced over your map without batting an eye and moved on to play something better might have been on to something?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
ghostwheel has officially been

1tao5a_awro-lui%20was%20owned.jpg

[RAGE]Ghostwheel

Aug 20, 2004
I've been OWNED, LOL, once again you completely miss the point, and no I dont lurk around your lame forum, I just now and then check out the scene at the map site and after a year I still see the same lame comments being giving, Mistress Prophet you seem to be the biggest instigator of the problem, completly flawed or not, a review like you wrote is not to help anyone but you and your ego, atleast one person thinks your funny, want to meet him look into a mirror.

The plain and simple truth is, look at my comments to mappers, even ones that made stupid comments on my maps or others, I still give fair, honest to the point comments and dont add in my gay humor so I'm liked by the rest of you here, I've been OWNED, well like the guy said about my map, being on my server played by my friends(which by the way is totally untrue) but the same case holds true here, Boo-Hoo I've been OWNED on your site by one of your lamer reviewers LOL.

All I have ever tried to do since the first lame review I got, was try to get you people to understand that there are alot of people who dont want to waste there time with crap like that, Nalicity was once know as a great place to get custom made UT maps with honest opinions on the maps, in the past year or so tho this site seems to have reverted to an Oldman Maurrays site when you just wait for maps to make fun of. Why waste peoples time with your lame jokes, and why would the Admin here not remove a reviewer that injects his personal opinions into reviews like "jump pads should never be used in a map because I dont like them" Mistress Prophet again.

I must be lame because I setup an account here and put a custom avatar on, on the other hand you guys are not because you flame dudes on the map site and then take the time to cut and paste post and screenshots here to make fun of them again.

PS. In case you dont get it, YOU'VE BEEN OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to add this about my maps.

First off never anywhere did I myself say I thought any of my maps where 10's or even 8's-9's I myself give my best map a 7 tops, so on that note PLEASE STFU about me thinking I'm the worlds greatest mapper.

As far as 1v1 Turbine goes, well I guess its you who does'nt read the authors comments before you test and review a map, First off I stated that the map was made as a test and only a test, of what gameplay would be like with jump pads in a reg gravity atmosphere, second I said it was made for high FPS because at the time I made it a 500mg PC was top-o-the-line equipment. Third can you show me one other map that used jump pads in reg grav, too make a Morbias style DM-Arena with a totally new gameplay feel.

And for you info it can be very fun to play even as lame as it is, thats what its all about, like the guy Storm who's comment goes something like this " Your 1v1 Turbine map Sucks like the prophet says, but I still find myself playing it"

As far as not knowing what makes for a good, fun map to play, well Duel Drive is still being downloaded and I think these guys http://utrulez.boom.ru/ would beg to differ with your Ghostwheel's maps suck lets move on theroy.
If you were to be really honest you would admit as bad and simple as 1v1 turbine is, it shows alot more mapping inovation the your Imago map which is no different than any other standard map, and by no means anywhere close to as good in a gameplay respect.

Last edited:

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
I've been OWNED, LOL, once again you completely miss the point,
If you've been owned, you've been owned. Simple. If someone hits you and you get hurt, you can just turn around and say "Oh, that punch totally missed the point, I didn't try to dodge it"

and no I dont lurk around your lame forum, I just now and then check out the scene at the map site and after a year I still see the same lame comments being giving,
Same lame comments? Errm... yes.
Most of these comments have nothing to do with the site and are the opinions and thoughts of our users.
Also, 80% of the comments are useful, encouraging and acceptable.
Maybe there are some unjust comments - but ghostwheel, not try and say you havn't said anything wrong or off topic.

Mistress Prophet you seem to be the biggest instigator of the problem, completly flawed or not, a review like you wrote is not to help anyone but you and your ego, atleast one person thinks your funny, want to meet him look into a mirror.
Maybe not relevant, but looking at prophets "joke" (yes, joke.) reviews seem to attract laughs.
And calling him "mistress" is just childish.

The plain and simple truth is, look at my comments to mappers, even ones that made stupid comments on my maps or others, I still give fair, honest to the point comments and dont add in my gay humor so I'm liked by the rest of you here,
No, you don't ghostwheel. Instead, you are always on the defensive, always being hypocritical and constantly whining about unfair reviews
Fair? Honest? Only in your opinion.
It's old now, we've heard it all before and only you seem to care. Shut up?

I've been OWNED, well like the guy said about my map, being on my server played by my friends(which by the way is totally untrue) but the same case holds true here, Boo-Hoo I've been OWNED on your site by one of your lamer reviewers LOL.
WTF? I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe you fingers just completely ****ed up, but this sentence makes absolutely no sense and I can't find anything to comment on it other than "huh?"
The only "owning" here is by yourself. We only have to quote you.

All I have ever tried to do since the first lame review I got, was try to get you people to understand that there are alot of people who dont want to waste there time with crap like that,
If I remember correctly, your first map was poor. Maybe you didn't understand the review or it's point, but as far as I'm concerned the review was not lame and was relevant. I think you have a problem with honest critisism, which is a problem. People don't want to waste their time on honest feeback? You could've folled me. The best mappers are only the best because they rely on feedback. I don't care what you say, the flag pack, the CBP, professionals, maps worthy of 8 or above, the ONP, Xidia... - they all have undergone feedback, and I daresay some of them had mild flame or harsh words. And look where these mappers are now?
Maybe there are those who don't want to "waste their time", but these people will never become good mappers, and that is a prooven fact.

Nalicity was once know as a great place to get custom made UT maps with honest opinions on the maps, in the past year or so tho this site seems to have reverted to an Oldman Maurrays site when you just what for maps to make fun of.
You should look at the reviews column rather than the comments column. Don't blame our site for people's opinions.
Nalicity is still the biggest and possibly the best review/map datebase site for any game out there.

Why waste peoples time with your lame jokes, and why would the Admin here not remove a reviewer that injects his personal opinions into reviews like "jump pads should never be used in a map because I dont like them" Mistress Prophet again.
Firstly, he didn't word it like that, and secondly the jumpad probably detered from the gameplay. The comment likely had reason. Maybe you just don't like the fact someone didn't like you effort?
All reviews are opinions. What are you trying to say?
:con:

I must be lame because I setup an account here and put a custom avatar on, on the other hand you guys are not because you flame dudes on the map site and then take the time to cut and paste post and screenshots here to make fun of them again.
Oh no, we wasted a whole thirty seconds of our time. Is this flame? Debatable. It's more like critisism. Take a look at these screenshots - are they useful or purposeful? A lot of them are wastes of space, worthless images.
Here at Nalicity, we have a policy about screenshots. Maps with poor or off-topic screenshots are open for redicule and deletion if we so wish.

First off never anywhere did I myself say I thought any of my maps where 10's or even 8's-9's I myself give my best map a 7 tops, so on that note PLEASE STFU about me thinking I'm the worlds greatest mapper.
I don't knwo fi you have or you havn't, but you are certainly very arrogant and ignorant towards your own levels. Any critisism one of your maps gets is shouted back saying "FU!" or "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT SO STFU"
Maybe these people have a point? At least acknowledge them. They have taken the time to look at your map, given some time. Maybe they don't like it - this gives you more incentive to make better maps.
At least, it does for normal people and most mappers.

As far as 1v1 Turbine goes, well I guess its you who does'nt read the authors comments before you test and review a map, First off I stated that the map was made as a test and only a test, of what gameplay would be like with jump pads in a reg gravity atmosphere, second I said it was made for high FPS because at the time I made it a 500mg PC was top-o-the-line equipment. Third can you show me one other map that used jump pads in reg grav, too make a Morbias style DM-Arena with a totally new gameplay feel.
Do we give a **** what your aim was? We review and comment on a basis that all maps are initially equal. Maybe a map was made for iCTF, maybe it was for "superomfgmegaspeed20592305234xmutaror" but if the map is submitted it is also up for review. The only boundries we have are gameplaywise, which follows gametype. I think you'll find this the way it is done everywhere, every game, and every industry/hobby.

And for you info it can be very fun to play even as lame as it is, thats what its all about, like the guy Storm who's comment goes something like this " Your 1v1 Turbine map Sucks like the prophet says, but I still find myself playing it"
any map can be "fun" - but thats just the game, not your level. Real gameplay is gameplay that "enhances" the game - look at the recently released Flagpack, or the 1on1pack. These feature maps that extend and improve on gameplay and take it to another level than that of , say, a cubefest.

As far as not knowing what makes for a good, fun map to play, well Duel Drive is still being downloaded and I think these guys http://utrulez.boom.ru/ would beg to differ with your Ghostwheel's maps suck lets move on theroy.
It's just my opinion, yes. But Duel Drive is not fun for me and many others and along that lines I can say that IMO, I don't think you know how to make a fun map, and many more than these people over at that site would agree with me.

If you were to be really honest you would admit as bad and simple as 1v1 turbine is, it shows alot more mapping inovation the your Imago map which is no different than any other standard map, and by no means anywhere close to as good in a gameplay respect.
Your map showed jack **** skill wise. Imago was a quality looking map that had some gameplay flaws, but it's gameplay was a lot better than all your maps.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
i dont get the problem, 2 maps of you were reviewed, both got a normal and serious review
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=5898
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=5895

instead of making personal attacks get to the point

reviewing always is a part about opinion, if a reviewer doesnt like jumppads, then so be it
if a map is truly sh1t, is everyone is copy pasting maps from ut1 and releases them to ut2 then damn right that crap gets a joke review and pic
even if it was only to counter the "fashion" of ripping

in another community you get an instant ban when you rip work
here some people expect we even put work and effort in such people

yet, this didnt happen to you, you got a normal review for your selfmade maps
the reviews were correct and gave a fair score, yet you cant seem the handle that
you dont rate your own maps, never, you dont say "i give my own maps a 7 at best"
well if you were to get a 7 review at nalicity you would be well above average and a pretty good mapper, because thats what a 7 represent, so youre saying you are that ? a pretty good above average mapper

saying your map is a test also isnt going to help getting a better review
first you make a problem of the reviewer not being objective enough with the jumppad comment, then you expect the reviewer to rate the map higher because "it was a test"
if i wanted to get a high score i could scream too "it was just a test so give me 9/10"
"it was my first map so i should get at least an 8/10"
etc.
how exactly would that be objective and fair towards the other people ? the same objectiveness you demanded in the first part of your reply

the reviews are also not a popularity contest, wow your map is being played on some obscure servers, congratz ! so ?
might put it in perspective, ctf andaction is one of the most played custom maps in some communties.. and you surely not going to claim now that andaction is the best map ever because i gets played a lot ?
i cant read that site btw + any fool with zero knowledge could make a site and rate a few maps and call it reviews
and you surely will love that guy as long as he gives you good reviews.. sure..
if i wouldnt know how to make a stair and i would ask the question on a forum and if i would get 2 replies, 1 from a total noob and random guy who says i got to make the stairs with lots of seperate cubes and 1 post from an experienced guy saying there are better ways of doing it
which guy is most likely to have it correct then ?

the map is by far not great, the score is fair
dont flame and blame people and pretend like we are the ones who have a problem when you are the one who doesnt want to realise his map wasnt that good, clearly a problem on your side, not ours

you seem to like typing long replies
me too
so this could get great :)

[RAGE]Ghostwheel

Aug 20, 2004
No I dont really like to type, and hear we go again, this is not about score so please, yes turbine is at best a 2 map, but not for its texture usage or its detailed brush work, its for the idea of jump pads in reg grav, and if you think a fair, object review can be done by someone who states jump pads should never be used is possible and that comments like this scares the Prophet or he must be on acid make a good review then you are a lost cause. Please explain to me, how my wanting an objective review, worded in such a way I dont feel I'm being talked to by a 12yr old, is me wanting a 10 for any one of my maps, LOL, are you all taking it up the you know what from Prophet or what, its these kinds of respones to my post that make me feel the need to try just one more time! Hello is anybody Home McFly.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
i havent spoke to prophet in some time, i reply on my own and yes, im old enough to reply all by my own

your reply is considerable harder to read than the previous one, dont stress too much

you dont want a 10 for your maps, we got that by now
but you did say some of your maps were a 7, and sure now you say turbine was indeed a 2
i dont get it, youre first unhappy about it and then you say the score is ok
make up your mind

we gave you arguments on a discussion you started yourself, how about replying on those arguments with facts and more arguments instead of crawling back to your defensive little replies

"which guy is most likely to have it correct then ?"
"so youre saying you are that ? a pretty good above average mapper"
"here some people expect we even put work and effort in such people"
answers pls

you are trying to find excuses and flaws that in the first place were completely irelevant but that you try and use to ease your own thoughts, to not have to face the fact that the maps werent that good

im home btw, but i might go out in an hour, and i might see flies outside
flies are weird tho
they like, float in the sky
really weird

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
You may call us arrogant little kids but YOU happen to manage to turn every little innocent joke thread into a flamefest. Who's the little kid here?

As for this argument:
As far as knowing what a hypocrit is, well I'm not sure, is that someone who in the same post says "I only encourage mappers to keep mapping" and then says "If you stop mapping it will only make us happy" Frieza.
I already replied to this in the corresponding map hub so if you would actually get off your lazy ass and read and reply to it this argument is valid as f***

[RAGE]Ghostwheel said:
The plain and simple truth is, look at my comments to mappers, even ones that made stupid comments on my maps or others, I still give fair, honest to the point comments and dont add in my gay humor so I'm liked by the rest of you here, I've been OWNED, well like the guy said about my map, being on my server played by my friends(which by the way is totally untrue) but the same case holds true here, Boo-Hoo I've been OWNED on your site by one of your lamer reviewers LOL.

fair, honest and to the point? Maybe so yes, but with that reply we also get called FOOLs and whatnot.

All I have ever tried to do since the first lame review I got, was try to get you people to understand that there are alot of people who dont want to waste there time with crap like that, Nalicity was once know as a great place to get custom made UT maps with honest opinions on the maps, in the past year or so tho this site seems to have reverted to an Oldman Maurrays site when you just wait for maps to make fun of. Why waste peoples time with your lame jokes,

1)NaliCity is still a great place to get custom maps
2)If you don't like your review, fine, don't read it. If there are people who don't want to waste their time reading reviews, then they shouldn't read them either. It's perfectly possible to ignore reviews.

and why would the Admin here not remove a reviewer that injects his personal opinions into reviews like "jump pads should never be used in a map because I dont like them" Mistress Prophet again.

Well [whinybitchvoice]helloooooo?[/whinybitchvoice] Reviews ARE personal opinions.

This is not a serious flaming thread, it's just a 'joke'. However you jsut turned it into a serious flaming thread, well done.

PS. In case you dont get it, YOU'VE BEEN OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decide for myself whether Ive been owned or not

As far as 1v1 Turbine goes, well I guess its you who does'nt read the authors comments before you test and review a map, First off I stated that the map was made as a test and only a test, of what gameplay would be like with jump pads in a reg gravity atmosphere,

Well fine, it's a test, then DONT upload it to NaliCity. Play your little test yourself and decide whether it's good enough. NC is there for FINISHED maps and not for TEST maps, get it?

second I said it was made for high FPS because at the time I made it a 500mg PC was top-o-the-line equipment.

And? I have a PII 350mhz and I can run any map with 400 polys in view just fine

Third can you show me one other map that used jump pads in reg grav, too make a Morbias style DM-Arena with a totally new gameplay feel.

No I can't, and? Can you show me one other map that is a cube and has a T in the middle made out of two cylinder brushes?
Point is, I don't care if it hasn't been done before, what matters is how it is executed. Making something original doesnt guarantee you'll get a high score

That's his own mental problem

So ****ing what? My map is still being downloaded aswell.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? You even DARE to say that the gameplay in your morbias clone with jumppads is much and MUCH better then that in DM-Imago?
That just shows how much a 'pro-gamer' like you knows about gameplay.

this is not about score so please, yes turbine is at best a 2 map, but not for its texture usage or its detailed brush work, its for the idea of jump pads in reg grav, and if you think a fair, object review can be done by someone who states jump pads should never be used is possible and that comments like this scares the Prophet or he must be on acid make a good review then you are a lost cause.

You state it's at best a 2, well you received a 1+1 from suer scores = 2 what are you whining about?

Please explain to me, how my wanting an objective review, worded in such a way I dont feel I'm being talked to by a 12yr old, is me wanting a 10 for any one of my maps, LOL, are you all taking it up the you know what from Prophet or what, its these kinds of respones to my post that make me feel the need to try just one more time!

That's just how you interpret it. Also learn how to use interpunctions better because I understood jack-**** of that sentence.

[RAGE]Ghostwheel

Aug 20, 2004
Houences: we gave you arguments on a discussion you started yourself, how about replying on those arguments with facts and more arguments instead of crawling back to your defensive little replies

"which guy is most likely to have it correct then ?"
"so youre saying you are that ? a pretty good above average mapper"
"here some people expect we even put work and effort in such people"
answers pls

Question #1:Who will have how to make a stair case correct? obviously the guy who knows Ued, does that mean he knows if the map with a bunch of stairs made to look like an escher painting is good for playing UT, well that seems like it could go either way.

Question #2: Yes I'm saying exactly that and here is why

1v1 Turbine= Inovative idea on jump pads in reg grav
BioStation=Lots of traps and secrects for the finding
Kaalpek= great layout and nice looks
Octagun arena=Original idea for a RA styled arena map
Reconship=kewl traps with an ok layout
RageArena][=Original idea of a crowd watching as you play
Rings of Death=SpaceNoxx without the falling to your death
DuelDrive=A great sniping map that still has great play for non snipers
(if you personally dont like the play of this map that I can see, but to say you cant see how anyone would is ludicris, I have had many people tell me its their favorite map of all time. Sorry friend.)

As for Question #3: It makes no sense to me, please restate the question so its understandable.

Frieza: You state it's at best a 2, well you received a 1+1 from suer scores = 2 what are you whining about?

I'm not whinning, its just the way things are said, I dont agree a review is a personal opinion, it should be objective or its not a review its just another user comment, my problem for the last time is not about score but about the lame way most of you talk down to us true amature mappers, I'm not going to school for 3d graphics arts, or involved proffessionally in any type of gaming,graphics field, I'm just a Truck Driver who likes to map and thought others might like some of my ideas, Not the next Cliffy B.

Last of all as you can see, most of you have replied to my ramblings more than once, and pissing off lamers like you is what I'm all about, so for the last time realize YOU'VE BEEN OWNED.LOL now ban me please.

Last edited:
Bye bye then. Good job Owning us with your insane troll logic.

For the record, Jumpads can work quite fine in a map when they make sense, I don't have anything against using them so stop trying to escape that corner you've been pushed in with that whole "Mistress Prophet hates pads" theory. Your map used them badly. And second, Aside from Hourences who gets paid to map, none of us are in school for graphics art or involved in any sort of professional gaming field. We just like to play this game too. You're the one begging for acknowlagement from a bunch of "kids" on a "lame website".

If you ever decide to come back here, I hope you re-think how you are approaching a community mapping site. We aren't personal ego boosters for particular mappers so they feel better about themselves.

ChromeBallz

Ballz of Chrome
Aug 10, 2004
chromeballz.fluxxnet.nl
Ghostwheel keeps on flaming, typing on a forum he doesn't like, answering questions he can''t answer, claiming to be a good mapper etc etc

I'd say this won't end for quite some time. Sadly.

I also like the part where you rant about this thread having nothing to do with nailcity, and that people shouldn't go offtopic. Look at the title, look at your posts :)

Last edited:

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Question #1:Who will have how to make a stair case correct? obviously the guy who knows Ued, does that mean he knows if the map with a bunch of stairs made to look like an escher painting is good for playing UT, well that seems like it could go either way.
An escher painting map will never play amazingly well, unless done exceptionally well.
I don't understand why you had to add that little remark in, though.
Seems like it could go either way? I think I see your arguement here. But it's ****e. Are you trying to say that we have no idea what makes good gameplay? Because if so, then go tell that the 90% of the community.

Question #2: Yes I'm saying exactly that and here is why
1v1 Turbine= Inovative idea on jump pads in reg grav
Morbias + jumpads is neither a inovative idea nor good.
BioStation=Lots of traps and secrects for the finding
Traps != Leet or excusable map. If the map is not taht good, it is not that good.
Kaalpek= great layout and nice looks
Can't comment on this one, but from looking at your other work I seriously doubt both points, especially visuals.
Octagun arena=Original idea for a RA styled arena map
Not played either, but doesn't sound too promising. Please tell me it's not just an octagon.
Reconship=kewl traps with an ok layout
Same again, traps does not mean good map. And a map with traps very, very rarely has good gameplay.
RageArena][=Original idea of a crowd watching as you play
About as original as fart jokes
Rings of Death=SpaceNoxx without the falling to your death
LOL! I can picture this. I can also commit suiscide. That "addition" would not improve that map. At all.
DuelDrive=A great sniping map that still has great play for non snipers
(if you personally dont like the play of this map that I can see, but to say you cant see how anyone would is ludicris, I have had many people tell me its their favorite map of all time. Sorry friend.)

I've played Duel Drive - it just isn't good. Possibly your best map - I've not played them all. But it justs seems average. Thats just my opinion.
If people keep telling you it's the best map ever, then I feel sorry for you. They people havn't played a lot of maps, or they are your friends.
I know you personally arn't saying its the best map in the world, but it does sound that way. If you want me to give more helpful and more critical feedback to help point out areas that you could improve, I will. But I don't want to waste my time if it just gets thrown back in my face.

I'm not whinning, its just the way things are said, I dont agree a review is a personal opinion, it should be objective or its not a review its just another user comment,
Our reviews are objective. But they are also opinions. No one can say that a map sucks, and it immediately be a fact. Some people may enjoy it. Even the wrost most bland and crap cube will have someone like it, even if it is just the author himself. Everyone loves their first map. And people are asking for harsh or critical feedback by submitting the map to this site or any other. A first map is somethign to give to people personally or put on a forum. That way, people can be more precise and more helpful. All the good mappers have done it this way and it works. No one instantly makes good maps by themselves, its something that takes time and something that take patience and hardwork. And help from others.

my problem for the last time is not about score but about the lame way most of you talk down to us true amature mappers, I'm not going to school for 3d graphics arts, or involved proffessionally in any type of gaming,graphics field, I'm just a Truck Driver who likes to map and thought others might like some of my ideas, Not the next Cliffy B.
If I ever appear to talk someone down, I am truley sorry. But I am nearly always trying to encourage or give pointers to make something better. So do all our reviewers and most of the people who comment.
None of us are professional mappers, with teh exception of Hourences. And he was just the same as you and me a year or so ago.
And cliffyb is possibly one of the worst mappers for retail game. It's no coincedence the best retail maps are made by commmunity based people.

Last of all as you can see, most of you have replied to my ramblings more than once, and pissing off lamers like you is what I'm all about, so for the last time realize YOU'VE BEEN OWNED.LOL now ban me please.
The only person who seems to be rattled up here is you. You seem to read only what you want and then expect people to just die or go away. I'm afraid it doesnt work like that.
If you spoke to people like you are doing now in the real world, you'd have been smacked one.
We have not been owned.
If anything, you amuse me. I like replying to people such as you. Maybe thats sad, but it takes all of 5 minutes?

:)

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
1. sure, the second guy would be correct, now is this the same for everything else
also for gameplay, gameplay has a standard and things are based upon that
it has basic universal rules etc. and maps get rated on those
a starting mapper who just got ued most of the times has very limited idea of gameplay, hell ask him about it and he'll have tremendous trouble explaining the gameplay
"yeah you can jump here, and liftjump there and then grab this armor and run to the flag"
awesome
you said you expect reviews to be not opinions, ok fine but thats not possible, half of a review is fact, the other half is always opinion
to illustrate it very quickly lets use your own words, you just said that when judging the gameplay in an esher map it could go both ways, that would mean that you say the more experienced guy wouldnt be able to tell for sure it was great to play
thus an opinion and not a rule and definition based fact, yet at the same time you say reviews should be without any form of opinion, how do you see the gameplay judged then ?
same goes for the visuals

2. i can find people who enjoy playing basicaly everything, its not an argument
a 7 is pretty damn high, for me something needs to be more then ok with some cool ideas or the like, it must be rock solid visual wise (=/ impressive visuals, just rock solid shape composition, colorcompositions in both tex and light, architecture, etc ) and it must offer interesting gameplay that works pretty well without too much problem, now i havent played a lot of your maps but by just looking at the nalicity preview pics of them i first of all dont see the rock solid graphics already...

3. what i mean is that you previously said you had problems with these fake joke review pics with cartoons in and the like. and text like "this makes my balls go nuts" or whatever
you didnt had such review, the maps that did got such reviews were most of the times things like dm-malevolence2004 for example
straight copy paste bsp rips from ut1 to ut2, light slapped in, rebuild save, release, AWESOME A MAP !
those people make nothing themself, put zero effort and time in so yes they get a sh1t review
if making the review takes more time than the time put in making of the map i think theres a problem..

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
hmm, my thread turned into a flamewar, but redfist and ghostwheel are already on my "boring - heard it all before" list so it's not even a good one :hmm: