Wish List for Unreal 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium

Mar 30, 2000
Visit site
Not that I'll pretend to know anything about Unreal 1, but here is my suggestion for U2.

Make an Assault-like level. For example, you get to a certain point in the game, and you have to successfully raid a base. But then, one enemy manages to escape and calls for back up, where then you have to defend the same base you just took. Sound good?

Lith

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
3rd person? Hmm, well maybe it should be an option but there are many people like myself that don't like 3rd person...

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
U got the thing about the monsters StormHammer. The Brutes shouldn't have turned up that early on in the game as it was too imbalanced. They had rocket launchers while u had stupid pistol thing and an even crappier enrgy weapon. OK, so we all know the weapons were crap in Unreal. Those tentacle things were just a pain in the @ss but easy to kill. I did like the Skaarj though. They better bring them back for U2 in some shape or form. Didn't like the Titans much. Perhaps it was their ability to pick up rocks from a smooth metal ground. BTW those HL monsters u mentioned were Gonarch, Gargantua and Tentacle respectively. If they had monsters the size of the the HL tentacle it would have rocked so much. I liked it at the start where the whole prison ship was falling apart as u tried to escape. The bit in Rrajigar mine was great where after turning off some forcefield, the corridor u were in suddenly had all it's lights black out and then these red emergency lightd came on and a Skaarj leapt out of nowhere at you! I shat myslef the first time. The Slith were freaky. They should put more levels in U2 like The Sunspire but cut out the indoor bit cos the outdoor areas had a real sense of scale I think. The fight at the end of the game was unimpressive cos the queen alien wasn't big enough. IT should have been something like I'm leaving now!

bullet2.gif

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when
a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

StormHammer

Storminator
Thanks, Vortex, and to everyone else who's kept this thread alive. Some really good ideas coming through, here, so I hope Legend has some eagle-eyed bods reading all this.

Can't wait for the official Unreal 2 website to go up this summer. Should be good.

Keep your eyes peeled...

bullet2.gif

'The enemy can't press a button if you disable his hand...Medic!' (Starship Troopers)

Status
Not open for further replies.