Windows 8 - Let's Stay in Touch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I[/M]

Micosoft goes iPad. Yeah, I already totally love this new Windows 8! Because, I only use my PC to check weather, post some random images on Facebook and watch funny videos on YouTube... my PC is my expression of my lifestyle... and it's all so easy and touchy and colorful...

Hell, yeah I can't wait for this new Windows 8 to come out!

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell they're thinking. I knew they were going to make it tablet-friendly, but this is pretty much tablet-only. The name "Windows 8" still seems to be very tentative by almost everyone in Microsoft who talks about it so I'm hoping this is really just a bridge between Windows Mobile and Windows 7 for all the devices out there that are kinda appearing in that middle space. Nobody is going to use this as a successor to Windows 7 on a normal PC.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Before you all start hissy fitting everywhere because whaa any change at all is bad bawwwwwww, the guy loads Microsoft Office apps in the video, and the old desktop still exists underneath. It's likely that you'll be able to deactivate the mosaic interface if you want.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The return of Microsoft Bob.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1232550297_Dramatic%20chipmunk.gif
    1232550297_Dramatic%20chipmunk.gif
    629.9 KB · Views: 127

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Honestly, I think it looks pretty solid for a tablet device. Not sold on that color scheme, but whatever, it seems like they have learned their lesson on the mobile space.

That being said, if they make me deal with that **** on my PC or, there isn't the slightest chance in hell I will upgrade from 7. Too much playing with icons and animations, not enough actual functionality.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
i also hate the direction ubuntu has been taking by the way.

I agree. Unfortunately, for no-hassle production environments, it's still the best distro.

Also, you don't have to use the new Unity interface if you don't want to. Log out of your session and select 'Ubuntu Desktop Classic' in the drop-down at the bottom, then login. Look familiar? ;)

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I agree. Unfortunately, for no-hassle production environments, it's still the best distro.

Also, you don't have to use the new Unity interface if you don't want to. Log out of your session and select 'Ubuntu Desktop Classic' in the drop-down at the bottom, then login. Look familiar? ;)

I think they're gonna remove that option with the next release. There's always Linux Mint when that happens though. :p

After using Ubuntu for a while though, I think any Linux distros are terrible for home pc use, unless it's just for screwing around with.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com

oh i am, but going back to classic is just stepping backwards away from the direction the developers are taking us.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Sure, MS really needed to develop a better Tablet OS, that much is plain, but they aren't seriously expecting this to be used on a Desktop PC, are they? :con:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Workstations and home PCs are going to diverge more and more. iMacs and touchscreen HP turds will be the norm. This is why Windows 8 is going in this direction.