Win2k Problems with hosting games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
B

BloW__Smoke

Hi, as you all know by now i run Win2k Pro on a p2-400 dual system. This computer lies in an 100mbit lan and act like an server/router.
So far so good, my clients all can play UT online independent (perfect) and i can host local games (live is good), but no-one seems to can connect to my PC. With FTP and UT and Q3, but with Starlancer i don't got any trouble (weird, But SL is from microsoft, so that makes it normal again ;) )

Somehow by sharing the cablemodem NIC my clients cant acces internet, so i uses Winroute4.0 Pro. and have winroute act like an DHCP server too.

Also Winroute has NAT, and has it turned on on my local lan NIC (believe this is correct otherwise noone can play online, did i found out the hard way).

So what i'm doing wrong here :( why can't i host any UT game.
Rooster or any other heavy OS genious can you give me some advise, i am emty now on idears :(

------------------
I Evolve with every frag more to the ultimate Genetic Llama Killer

The 45e volenteer squadron is ready for action

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

Doc Burner

Apr 1, 2000
www.holdman.com
don't know how to help you specifically but I have had problems runnin w2k pro server
people connect..play a while..the all of the sudden everyone has 130000 pings really weird