WikiLeaks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Yes, exactly, absolutely! It's the media's job to keep governments honest.

The free Press sucks - does it not?

While a free press is needed to maintain a free society, it does not give the press carte blanche to publish anything their hearts desire. The press has a duty to act responsibly when given sensitive information. When the press acts with reckless abandon on the basis that it can, then it ceases to serve the public that depend on it.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Posting stolen memos is NOT journalism.

You made this up.

I do not know about the country you hail form, but in the US, we elect of leaders and legislators, thus, the people rule themsleves through representation.

Congratulations on having read a state-approved elementary school book. Now look around you and realize that you've no power over anything. The people with guns do.

The press has a duty to act responsibly when given sensitive information. When the press acts with reckless abandon on the basis that it can, then it ceases to serve the public that depend on it.

The press has a duty to inform. In a world of secrets and lies, someone must tell the unfiltered truth.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
too bad they weren't able to publicize our icbm launch codes. the world would be a much better place without that information being censored.

Might have taught someone that having dangerous explode-y things lying about is a poor idea.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The press has a duty to inform. In a world of secrets and lies, someone must tell the unfiltered truth.
The real press has a duty to inform without unnecessarily putting lives at risk. I don't care if people are actually dying from the WikiLeaks documents or not, they still put lives at risk.

Just look at how the Vietnam papers were handled for the right way to handle these things. Insensitive posting of every top secret document you can find is simply a poor way to make this stuff public.

And there is still the simple fact that assuming that Assange's intentions are noble is as silly as believing that Dolphins are the master species of Earth and will be exiting around the time Earth is destroyed.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
You made this up.

Congratulations on having read a state-approved elementary school book. Now look around you and realize that you've no power over anything. The people with guns do.

**** you. I tried having a conversation with you, but you respond in such an insulting way that it makes it impossible. Go **** with someone else.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Hey guys, I made a political thread and also made the unimaginable prediction that ppl might actually argue. wow, how did I make such a brilliant prediction?!
I'm pretty sure arguing requires some form of intelligence. Clearly whats happening in this thread isn't due to any sort of brainpower.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Arcturus trolls his own thread itt

oh wait that's not a tag.
crap, now he's gonna' know I'm making fun of him.

IRC PALS UPDATE!

Code:
Dec 03 11:59:28 <Arcturus> surprised the forum doesn't have a giant thread about weinerleaks
Dec 03 12:00:22 <Maverick> you should see the one going in shroomery's forum
Dec 03 12:00:23 <Maverick> it's insane.
Dec 03 12:00:31 <Maverick> winkyleaks
Dec 03 12:01:12 <Arcturus> there we go that's a better one
Dec 03 12:04:24 <Haarg> you should create one arc
Dec 03 12:04:33 <tomcat_ha> yes
Dec 03 12:04:36 <tomcat_ha> make sure its paranoid
Dec 03 12:04:56 <tomcat_ha> and that because wikileaks has connections with this banker
Dec 03 12:05:01 <tomcat_ha> its a plot of the nwo
Dec 03 12:07:46 <hyru-9000> New news from techreport: Team Fortress 2 goes back into beta <http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20077>
Dec 03 12:08:31 <Arcturus> haarg I don't really want to be responsible for ****ting up the forums even more
Dec 03 12:08:38 <Arcturus> but then if I don't post it someone else will anyway
Dec 03 12:08:48 <Arcturus> so at least I can call everyone stupid in my version of the thread
Dec 03 12:12:08 <Arcturus> might wait until underscore is around and maybe we can do something high-larious
Dec 03 12:13:07 <Arcturus> maybe I should post something then it'll be more fun to derail it
Dec 03 12:15:18 <Arcturus> instead of starting a silly thread thats kind of pre-derailed
Dec 03 12:17:48 <hyru-9000> New news from techreport: Jobs Report Friday Shortbread <http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20075>
Dec 03 12:18:02 <Hadmar> please start it. I want to count the number of WIKILEAKS ZI TEH TRAITORS posts
Dec 03 12:18:50 <Arcturus> posted
Dec 03 12:20:29 <Hadmar> nice tag

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm actually willing to bet that no one was going to make a wikileaks thread.
the story had been out there for awhile before Arc posted it.

it's comforting to know that he cares :eek:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have heard that he was arrested, assange.