Why I may just look at Prey 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/18/preview-prey-2/

Supposedly it's now more open-world, non-linear and a lot better. I hope to find out what happens with it. Read the article and post your thoughts on this sequel to a somewhat mediocre shooter.

Edit: I exaggerated. I did play Prey for a while, but the online component was unplayable to the point of silly. I did like the uniqueness of the weapons' styles, some of the environment design, in retrospect was rather meh.

Shoot me an angry message if this thread is redundant.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
I disagree that Prey was a mediocre shooter. Sure, there were garden variety weapons, baddies, and plot. But what was innovative was the spirit walk, the gravity changing/pathways, and effective use of portals. Maybe a notch or two above mediocre, but calling it mediocre would be disingenuous to the game.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
The first few levels of Prey were amazing (basically the demo levels), but they exhausted their ideas pretty quickly, and the further you got into the Dyson sphere, the more generic the architecture became.

I'm certainly interested in a sequel, I think there's a lot of potential there, but the new game looks like it has little in common with the original...

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Navahooooooooooooos iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Navahooooooooooooos iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Hardly

The game will have nothing to do with the first Prey at all. No Tommy, no indian heritage stuff, none of that. I wonder why call it Prey 2 in the first place, but hell I may be pleasantly surprised.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So he will be in, just not the main focus

But yea, it is a bit screwy that they're deviating so much from the original

Interesting. I read IGN and Gamespots previews and they specifically said that Tommy would not be in. Perhaps I misread. That makes me feel a bit better anyway.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I really enjoyed the first game. Then again I paid $5. It was worth every penny.
I think I only paid $2-3, but definitely worth much more
Interesting. I read IGN and Gamespots previews and they specifically said that Tommy would not be in. Perhaps I misread. That makes me feel a bit better anyway.
IGN isn't exactly a good source anymore. Also isn't unusual for sites to get conflicting info